Ok, everything i mentioned above is complete now.
I'am gonna post a current change log here. A new build should be available this weekend. One word before - it would be a good idea to back up your current tabSRMM theme (using the export feature). The next release will move the fonts and colors somwhat around the database (because of added font service support). It shouldn't hurt, as tabSRMM takes care of moving the old settings to the new location when it detects old settings, but if something goes wrong (e.g. Miranda crashes at startup), then you may loose font settings.
Using the export/import feature will make it more safe.
* container icon and title is now set earlier so that the container does not
show "Dialog" while tabs are created.
* fixed rtf parser to deal with some (rare) rich edit bugs.
* changed tab layouting for single AND multiline BUTTON tabs. Both modes are
now using fixed width tabs and the layouting code will try to always "fill"
the rows. An option to set the default fixed tab width has been added
to the tab appearance configuration dialog.
+ new feature for event notifications (popups only):
tabSRMM can now remove popups for a contact under the following situations:
1) container receives focus
2) you start typing a reply
3) you send a reply
The feature can be configured on the Options->Event Notifications page (in the
listbox with all the checkboxes inside - at the very end of the list).
Whenever one of these options is checked, tabSRMM will remove ALL popups for the
contact when one of the above conditions is true. Note that you can combine them,
but that doesn't make much sense. 1) (focus) always happens before any other event.
The feature is pretty useful if you have multiple popups from a single contact on
- removed status bar message "keyboard layout saved". No longer needed, because
the keyboard layout is now always visible as 2-digit code in the 2nd status bar
* minor layout changes in the message window. Toolbar buttons are slightly smaller
and got a better look when using classic Windows theme (3d effect toned down a
* implemented a suggestion by Joe @ Whale, using IsUnicodeAscii() to check if a given
message really needs to be sent as unicode. If not, the message is sent ANSI only.
The advantage is that this may save A LOT of database / history size, because it
avoids storing every message twice (both ansi and UCS-2 parts). With the new
system, an UCS-2 part is only saved (and sent) when needed. Messages containing
7bit characters only (0x00 - 0x7f, most latin characters) are safe to be sent as ansi.
! fixed bug with formatting buttons
* removed "ding" sounds when using some hotkeys (Alt-S for example)
* various langpack updates
* ICON PACK: updated "unknown.bmp" (default avatar image). Thanks to Faith for the
* several (internal) changes to focus handling and tab activation. Some things have been
simplified in the code, and in some areas additional safety checks were added.
May result in new focus/redraw bugs, but overall, the new system is an
improvement. It just needs to stabilize.
* toolbar buttons are now always "flat" when using visual styles under XP. They no
longer use push button skinning. Beveled (3d) buttons are still available for
classic windows theme.
* DISMISS EVENT is back, but with a big warning when you first activate it / and or
run miranda with that option active. Also, it is only available for "click" actions,
you cannot set dismiss event for the popup timeout action.
* the tab control is now a full window class, and no longer only subclassed.
+ new hotkeys:
ALT-I: quick show / hide the info panel
ALT-B: toggle BiDi option (switch between RTL and LTR)
* new option to format the title bar using variables. The format string for the title
bar is simple and may be up to 50 characters long. It can contain any text you want
and the following variables as placeholders:
%n - Nickname
%p - protocol
%u - UIN
%s - Status mode
You can set the default format string for all containers under Message Sessions->
You can also set a private title bar format string in the container options dialog.
Just tick "use private title format" and set the format template string.
* possible fix for a rare redrawing bug, resulting in black background on tabs (visual
styles, tabs at the top only).
* prevent custom template background colors from taking the rgb value 0,0,0 to avoid
a problem with icon transparency and "pure" black bg color. A pure black bg color
is converted to rgb(1,1,1).
+ added support for the FontService plugin by sje to customize message window fonts and back-
grounds. If font service plugin is enabled, tabSRMMs own font+color configuration page
is disabled. However, tabSRMM still maintains its own copy of font + color settings in
the DB so that you can switch between using font service and the old dialog easily.
+ restored "mark on double click" for the message history log.
* the info panel splitter now follows the settings for the normal splitter (global, private
saving policy etc.).
+ added visual styles support for button tabs (using pushbutton skins).
! fixed transparency issues when changing focus
+ activating the smiley selection window does no longer switch containers transparency to
NOTE: requires new build of smileyadd.dll (included in this release) and does NOT work
with IEViews smiley selection window. Sorry for that, but it needs a small change in
the smiley selection window code. So I would have to distribute a modified IEView aswell
(which I don't like).
+ added global options for container(s). The container options dialog now allows you to
set the options for any container to "global" or "private". All containers using global
options share one set of container configuration flags (and transparency values).
Title bar format and container window position/size can be set independently to either
global or private.
+ added the info panel allowing for dual avatar display.
Pretty long list, but that's basically all for now.