YesNoOk
  1. Welcome!
    EosAlpha BBS is a fork of the popular Simple Machines Forum software. We aim at creating a new forum software, adding several new features and a modern and fresh design on top of the existing SMF code base.

This software is currently in an early stage of development and this forum acts primarily as a testing platform for the ongoing development.

Feel free to look around to get an idea about how it feels and looks.
View in topic context
Admin area overhaul |
August 15, 2011, 14:44:31
Some work on the admin panel

I started to rework the admin / moderator and profile areas, because they all share a common design in SMF.

First of all, the menu toggle is gone for good. I never liked the dropdown menus in the admin and profile areas, because these CSS-based menus are just evil. They'll always get into your way when you need them least and are somewhat confusing given the number of entries the admin area offers.

Sidebar is the way to go, especially because we tend to have more horizontal than vertical space to waste in our widescreen resolution world and sidebars are just a common thing in web applications.

See the screenshot for how it currently looks like. Note the yellow bars is something I'd already implemented throughout the UI - ticked check boxes now mark the entire table row with a highlight CSS class. This also works for most inline moderation tasks.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork