YesNoOk

Send on Alt+Shift+S (Read 3282 times)

Started by xoft, February 18, 2005, 19:38:17

Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 18, 2005, 19:38:17
Hi,
first of all, great work, it's a great plugin for Miranda.
Theres only one single thing that makes it a bit difficult for me to use - when typing the last letter of the message with the Shift key, i tend to press alt+shift+s to send the message. This worked in my previous SRMM, but it doesnt work in TabSRMM. Would this be too difficult to implement?

Thanks,
_Xoft(o)
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 18, 2005, 22:12:04
"xoft" said:
Hi,
first of all, great work, it's a great plugin for Miranda.
Theres only one single thing that makes it a bit difficult for me to use - when typing the last letter of the message with the Shift key, i tend to press alt+shift+s to send the message. This worked in my previous SRMM, but it doesnt work in TabSRMM. Would this be too difficult to implement?
No, it cannot work in tabSRMM.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 19, 2005, 08:57:08
"Nightwish" said:
No, it cannot work in tabSRMM.

I cant help but wonder why. Haven't seen the sources, but i believe this would mean just a simple handler for WM_[SYS]KEYUP. Or even if it had to be written as a local hook...
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 20, 2005, 03:46:11
quote from an old topic (http://hell.at.eu.org/forums/topic.php?id=108&s=5e4464da9c34f10c9f5182c6edf0b06f)

Quote:
Is there any special reason for not mapping alt+S?

Yes:

* the way hotkeys work
    * Alt-Shift-s may be reserved for future use (alternate send methods like "send later" via buddypounce or send directly for protocols which support that).

but i think that using alt-shift-s for "alternate send methods" would cause trouble for many people...
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 20, 2005, 04:04:53
Besides, on many systems, Alt - Shift is the default key sequence to switch keyboard layouts. It really shouldn't be used for anything else.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 20, 2005, 09:40:38
"Nightwish" said:
Besides, on many systems, Alt - Shift is the default key sequence to switch keyboard layouts. It really shouldn't be used for anything else.

I'm not sure, but i think alt+shift wont trigger keylayout switching, if there's another key pressed along with it. Unfortunately i can't test this hypothesis, since my system is not set up for such hotkey and resetting it forth and back would take about two hours of work (really, im not joking, win sucks here)

Why not make it optional? An "Enable send on Alt+Shift+%c" checkbox is all it takes... Or am i the only one who's requesting this?
Send on Alt+Shift+S |
February 21, 2005, 02:24:06
well, i requested this too :D