YesNoOk

Mathmodule preview window position. (Read 3418 times)

Started by Koki.v3, April 13, 2005, 14:58:02

Mathmodule preview window position. |
April 13, 2005, 14:58:02
Hi Nightwish :)
I really like the support for the MathModule plugin... it's awesome but:

Is it possible to save the size and position of the MathModule's preview window? And also the "on-screen keyboard" window? I have my container right at the bottom of the screen and the preview window is always appearing hidden under the taskbar :-\

I know the preview window is attached to the container but I would like to view the preview without actually moving the whole container :(

Thank you.
__
;D Sorry for my English ;D
Re: Mathmodule preview window position. |
April 13, 2005, 15:10:13
Sorry, thats not going to change. The preview stays attached. Always.

As for the toolbox window - that should be possible, but MathMod would need to support it.

P.S. MathMod support is, except for bugfixes, and minor changes in the window placement and resizing, "final".
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 13, 2005, 15:25:03
:( Hmmm :(
So am I really forced to move the whole container to see the preview window *and* to be able to click the button which makes the keyboard appear?
__
April 13, 2005, 15:36:18
:( Hmmm :(
So am I really forced to move the whole container to see the preview window *and* to be able to click the button which makes the keyboard appear?

No, that will be adressed - the container will ensure that the math preview stays visible...
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 13, 2005, 15:44:44
__
April 16, 2005, 13:21:20
the preview window steals the focus from the input area after the first char.

if i hide the container with another window and then select the container again in the taskbar, the preview window will not be visible (still hidden behind that other window).

the cursor isn't between the math tags if the input area is RTLed.

switching it to LTR will make the math tags look a bit messed up, but probably there is no solution for that

EDIT:
if some text is already selected in the input area, i think it makes sense to put it between the math tags after clicking CTRL+M instead of replacing the text with the math tags
Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 13:35:55 by PROGAME
April 16, 2005, 14:33:16
the preview window steals the focus from the input area after the first char.
I just wanted to post the same thing now... But you were faster :)

if some text is already selected in the input area, i think it makes sense to put it between the math tags after clicking CTRL+M instead of replacing the text with the math tags
That's a really great idea
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
April 16, 2005, 14:45:47
That's a really great idea

Nope, that's going to far, sorry. No more changes are planned, except for bugfixes.

BTW: focus stealing may be a result of a different MathMod.dll you're using. Mine doesn't do it, but that's probably fixable in mathmod.dll
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 16, 2005, 15:33:21
BTW: focus stealing may be a result of a different MathMod.dll you're using. Mine doesn't do it, but that's probably fixable in mathmod.dll

i am using the latest one from the file listing
the first char i write between the math tags opens the preview window, and also steals the focus
April 16, 2005, 15:34:11
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
April 16, 2005, 23:58:21
focus stealing is fixed in MathModule 0.3.1.4