YesNoOk

Variables and the message log  (Read 37341 times)

Started by Nightwish, April 26, 2005, 22:52:36

Re: Variables and the message log  |
September 09, 2005, 10:34:58
Hi.

I have an idea: would it be possible to make something like 'custom variables' like mTooltip has...? I mean in mtooltip.ini you can specify what values from database to take and it can be uses then in the tooltip (reffer to the mtooltip.ini from mtooltip.zip for examples and more info)... So the things like this would be possible then... is it doable at all...?
Isn't this possible with the variables.dll already? If yes, then it might be easier to use this plugin...
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
September 09, 2005, 14:49:25
Isn't this possible with the variables.dll already? If yes, then it might be easier to use this plugin...
Actually I don't know... :/ Can I use the variables plugin with the template editor...?
December 15, 2005, 21:59:10
just wanted to point out that the preview and what you get in the tabsrmm window isnt 100% accurate. like say that extra line from adding %-x to the front of a template, it does not show up in the tabsrmm window itself. and sometimes a space thats clearly visible in the template is ignored in the tabsrmm window itself (can have funny effects in combo with smileyadd and similar).
December 15, 2005, 23:36:39
just wanted to point out that the preview and what you get in the tabsrmm window isnt 100% accurate. like say that extra line from adding %-x to the front of a template, it does not show up in the tabsrmm window itself. and sometimes a space thats clearly visible in the template is ignored in the tabsrmm window itself (can have funny effects in combo with smileyadd and similar).

Known issue. Ignore it. The preview will never be 100% accurate.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 16, 2005, 11:43:19
oops, as i was writing up a responce to you i noticed where the problem realy was located...

basicly i used a edited variant of the basic templates. complete with date and time elements that i dont use (turned of using the message log settings).

the template had %h:%m:%s: %M. notice the space between %s: and %M.

but as i had seconds turned of in the message log options, everything between %m: and %M was removed. and as i have smileyadd set to display smileys even tho they are not surounded by spaces i ended up with smileys showing up based on the : and the first letter of the message :P

i guess ill have to go over my templates and trow out everything that i dont use ;)
December 28, 2005, 12:27:11
the dates variables don't work on RTL templates :|
December 28, 2005, 12:40:47

Don't see any reason why they shouldn't work.. RTL makes no difference for timestamps. They work fine for me in both ltr and rtl message log format.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 28, 2005, 15:43:08

Don't see any reason why they shouldn't work.. RTL makes no difference for timestamps. They work fine for me in both ltr and rtl message log format.

Well, this is what I used for Group In (Start):
Code:
%I%S %N, %E%! : %l %fd%/%/[%h:%m:%s%/%/] %| %M

It works great on LTR, but in RTL it doesn't show the %E variable..

btw (and I don't belive it matters), I'm using TabSrmm 0.9.9.97
Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 15:53:29 by Jacklawi
December 28, 2005, 15:47:58
Code:

Must be a local configuration problem. It works for me.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 28, 2005, 16:06:30
Code:

Must be a local configuration problem. It works for me.

It works on the preview but on the message log it doesn't :\

(don't u just hate these prbs?)

btw I moved to 0.9.9.99 and now instead of my nick it shows "(Unknown Contact)"

EDIT: OH MY GOD !!!
In the msg window, at the timestamp settings the option "Show Date" was checked!!

STUPID STUPID ME !!

Now just the problem with the Unknown Contact :))
Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 16:19:39 by Jacklawi
December 28, 2005, 16:59:55
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 20, 2006, 00:01:47
Hi, everyone!
I have an issue with the %s sequence on my system :eek: Whenever I input the %s - it eats up everything untill next modifier. It seems it places the NULL string instead of seconds. I came to this conclusion cos' if I use %t instead of %h:%m:%s it won't show you seconds as well. I guess this is the problem of my system, but I don't really know how and where I can change something in order to solve my problem. In Windows regional settings 'HH:mm:ss' pattern is used. Thus, I really wonder what I've missed.
So, would you PLEASE help me? :)

PS.
However, the template preview is working correct - it shows seconds just like I want...
Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 00:11:07 by Elle
May 20, 2006, 00:42:29
Hi, everyone!
I have an issue with the %s sequence on my system :eek: Whenever I input the %s - it eats up everything untill next modifier. It seems it places the NULL string instead of seconds. I came to this conclusion cos' if I use %t instead of %h:%m:%s it won't show you seconds as well. I guess this is the problem of my system, but I don't really know how and where I can change something in order to solve my problem. In Windows regional settings 'HH:mm:ss' pattern is used. Thus, I really wonder what I've missed.
So, would you PLEASE help me? :)
This happens when the option to show seconds in the message log is disabled. Then the variable will be skipped.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 20, 2006, 13:42:20
This happens when the option to show seconds in the message log is disabled. Then the variable will be skipped.
Well, I see... But still I can't find this option anywhere
May 20, 2006, 14:05:58
Well, I see... But still I can't find this option anywhere

There are two places.

1) the message log option page
2) the message log settings menu (you can find this on the menu bar or by clicking the toolbar button with the "Message log options" tooltip.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 20, 2006, 17:15:09
There are two places.

1) the message log option page
2) the message log settings menu (you can find this on the menu bar or by clicking the toolbar button with the "Message log options" tooltip.
But there's no such places in my Miranda
1) I go to Miranda Options, select there Message Sessions->Message Window, choose the Message Log tab - there's no 'show seconds' option at all!
2) I've turned on Miranda Toolbar: there're 6 buttons: Main Menu, Show/Hide offline contacs, Toggle Grouping, Find/Add contacs, Preferences and Toggle Sounds. NO button for 'Message log options'
May be I should turn off TabSrmm for a while to see if such an option appears?

PS. I use the latest #54 Miranda build.
May 20, 2006, 17:17:19
2) I've turned on Miranda Toolbar: there're 6 buttons: Main Menu, Show/Hide offline contacs, Toggle Grouping, Find/Add contacs, Preferences and Toggle Sounds. NO button for 'Message log options'
May be I should turn off TabSrmm for a while to see if such an option appears?

It is the toolbar in the message window itself, not on the contact list.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 20, 2006, 17:47:55
Ohhh!! That's it!!!!!!!!!!!! Feel so stupid and happy Thank you very much, dear Nightwish!!! Wish you good nights