YesNoOk

The new message log options page (Read 5602 times)

Started by Nightwish, May 03, 2005, 11:30:57

The new message log options page |
May 03, 2005, 11:30:57
This is the reworked dialog page to set the message log options.

It appears much cleaner and less cluttered than the old one. Many options are gone because of the template support. Also, tranlating will be easier, because there is more space available now for most options.

The second screenshot shows the new "user preferences" dialog, available from the contacts User menu. It allows for setting "per user" overrides without having to search for all these "per contact" options all over the menus.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 11:34:17 by Nightwish
Re: The new message log options page |
May 03, 2005, 13:13:39
I am dumb with astonishment!

TabSRMM is definitely the best plugin/project ever made...

I want a testbuild now!!! :D
May 03, 2005, 13:14:45
nice :)
when set to "Local"=When set to "Private" (i think)
May 03, 2005, 13:31:59
What does Contact is a favorite contact do ?
May 03, 2005, 13:34:09
What does Contact is a favorite contact do ?

It adds the contact to the "favorites" menu - this is a submenu in the tray icon of tabSRMM (and may appear elsewhere in the future, if someone has tray support disabled). Choosing an entry from the favorites menu immediatly opens a message window (or, if one is already open, brings that on the screen) for that contact.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 03, 2005, 13:36:35
I didn't try the intermediary build, i'm still at .94 so this new release will bring a lot of new features :)

Btw, quick reply :D
May 03, 2005, 13:37:34
I didn't try the intermediary build, i'm still at .94 so this new release will bring a lot of new features :)

The intermediate build already has the favorites and "recent" menus in the tray. (recent is similar, but remembers the last X contacts for which a window was open).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 03, 2005, 13:53:54
I'm waiting for the template editor ;)
May 03, 2005, 14:13:01
I'm waiting for the template editor ;)

That's the main reason for the delay :)

Although the first version won't be exciting, it will (and should) be usable.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 03, 2005, 16:04:15
Hi, can you explain how does one create an RTL template with the new template editor? (for future reference once the next build is released...)

Why are RTL templates not standard ones? I mean, forcing the template to be RTLed could be a mere value change with the new editor, no? And so it could still be a "template" just with RTL=1 or whatever... Is there really a real need to seperate it?
May 03, 2005, 16:08:18
Hi, can you explain how does one create an RTL template with the new template editor? (for future reference once the next build is released...)

Why are RTL templates not standard ones? I mean, forcing the template to be RTLed could be a mere value change with the new editor, no? And so it could still be a "template" just with RTL=1 or whatever... Is there really a real need to seperate it?

Basically, there is no need to separate them. But I thought it could be usable at some time, so I did it. RTL templates are no different from normal templates (technically), but they could be used to implement different formatting, depending on text direction (which may be useful).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 11, 2005, 18:20:01
Majesty, you may want to use a different template for the RTL contacts, as the one for LTR ones. This way it'd be your advantage... ;)

I wanted to talk about the Private menu in tabSRMM.
I can choose a picture as background for the input area, but I can't see it until I hit OK. Would it be too much asking for a "Preview" button somewhere? It's kinda annoying losing the dialog if the current picture doesn't fit and you wanna change it (several times).