Corrupted language ID on the statusbar (Read 2910 times)

Started by ablazhov, April 29, 2010, 09:59:19

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this.
Corrupted language ID on the statusbar |
April 29, 2010, 09:59:19
There is an incompatibility between tabsrmm (2+, 3+) and the Windows Keyboard Layout installer, generated by the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (1.4) (MSKLC).

The MSKLC-generated installer creates new Layout ID in the windows registry for the installed Keyboard Layout, witch is something like this: "a0000409". Note the leading digit - A. All integrated layouts in Windows are like 00000409 or 00010409.

When I switch to the newly installed keyboard layout, the Language ID in the TabSRMM status bar gets corrupted. It shows strange letter(s) instead of EN, RU or DE. The language actually switches. The language auto-switching feature also works flawlessly. Only the visible ID gets corrupted. The Windows language bar also shows the correct Language ID.

If I manualy edit the Keyboard Layout ID in the registry (HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Keyboard Layouts) and change a0000409 with (for example) 00060409 and add this layout to my language selections, then everything is fine and TabSRMM shows the correct ID when I switch to that layout.

It's not a big deal, but someone may get confused if they are used to this feature.
Re: Corrupted language ID on the statusbar |
April 29, 2010, 10:46:00
Ok, thanks for the heads up, should be easy to fix in TabSRMM 3
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork