YesNoOk

BBCode [color=] support (Read 11793 times)

Started by Nightwish, May 06, 2005, 15:30:59

BBCode [color=] support |
May 06, 2005, 15:30:59
I added support for [color=] both on the formatting toolbar (when parsing wysiwyg formatted messages) and for the rich edit (default) message log. In IEView, this is already working in the current (unstable) release.

For the rich edit log, bbcode parsing can be disabled, and if you do so, incoming bbcode tags will be stripped from the message.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: BBCode [color=] support |
May 06, 2005, 15:42:28
Can you please release another version already ? We're dying over here :D
May 06, 2005, 15:46:57
Can you please release another version already ? We're dying over here :D

Most likely not today, but you can expect one this weekend, no matter how "complete" it will be (i think, fairly complete, ecept for some quirks with templates).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 06, 2005, 15:55:00
Finally ...
a lot of changes for me as i didn't try the intermediary build yet, i'm still using .94 :) ; i was waiting for the template and improved tray support and features.

EDIT:
Nightwish said:
Most likely not today, but you can expect one this weekend, no matter how "complete" it will be (i think, fairly complete, ecept for some quirks with templates).

Hey, this way we can beta-test the build, isn't that what we're supposed to do ;) ?
If there are someproblems with the template we'll find them for you.
Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 15:58:11 by eblis
May 07, 2005, 10:03:46
For the rich edit log, bbcode parsing can be disabled, and if you do so, incoming bbcode tags will be stripped from the message.
What about messages, in which you want to post BBCode as text? So you cannot get something like: "Do it like this: bold" from someone to point out that thing, because the and will be removed and you won't see what he rely typed in.
In my opinion the tags should not be strpped, when turned off
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
May 08, 2005, 07:16:46
What about messages, in which you want to post BBCode as text?
I think there is no solution except looking into history (in History++ for example)
__
Best regardz, Faith Healer
July 01, 2005, 12:29:28
I have a question about this bbcode:

I tried to use it with a MSN-User: He sees the whole text incl. the bbcodes. the same happens to a user with the normal SRMM-plugin. So what exactly is this bb-code for?
Or another question: how can i color and bold my text, that a MSN-User can see it as colored bold text?
July 01, 2005, 13:43:47
it is meant for the very few clients that can show it
but anyway all you need to do for MSN is check "Send message font color/size info inside messages" under Miranda IM Options->Network->MSN
and your message input area font settings will be used on the other side
July 01, 2005, 22:26:26
But not the BBcode formatting, right?
July 01, 2005, 23:42:45
but what is the sence, of going in the fontsection in the mirandaoptions when i got the buttons bold/italic/underline and colors in the tabsrmm-window? i wanna use them.
its much quicker. and i can make something bold and something else normal and something else colored.

isnĀ“t that possible?
July 01, 2005, 23:49:54
@Branstrom
the "Send message font color/size info inside messages" option is not related to the formatting buttons if that's what you meant

i wonder why the protocol developers don't implementĀ  BBCode to Protocol code conversion...
something like that must be used to to implement formatting in a multi protocol environment like Miranda

each protocol should translate the BBCodes to the protocol's own special language for outgoing messages (if some format is not supported by the protocol the protocol should just remove that BBCode)
...and translate the protocol's own special language to BBCodes for incoming messages

Last Edit: July 01, 2005, 23:52:17 by PROGAME
July 02, 2005, 00:08:04
As I understand it, the live formatting you're talking about (BBCode) is only possible with clients capable of dealing with BBCode, and there aren't many at the time. Possibly only TabSRMM? I don't know.
July 02, 2005, 00:09:18
As I understand it, the live formatting you're talking about (BBCode) is only possible with clients capable of dealing with BBCode, and there aren't many at the time. Possibly only TabSRMM? I don't know.

As long as Mirandas protocols don't support the native text formatting methods, it's not going to work with other clients.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 02, 2005, 00:11:35
i wonder why the protocol developers don't implement  BBCode to Protocol code conversion...
something like that must be used to to implement formatting in a multi protocol environment like Miranda

each protocol should translate the BBCodes to the protocol's own special language for outgoing messages (if some format is not supported by the protocol the protocol should just remove that BBCode)
...and translate the protocol's own special language to BBCodes for incoming messages

Yeah, that would be great, the ultimate solution at the moment. But how many plugins really support rich formatting in messages, even with proprietary codes?
July 02, 2005, 00:19:05
standard SRMM should simply borrow some code from Nightwish's code first
that must be what's holding the protocol developers back...

EDIT:
SRMM doesn't have to even show the formatting buttons (even as an option)
it must be able to translate the BBCode to real formatting in the log or remove the BBCode (the 2nd option is the easiest...)

EDIT2:
the change needed in SRMM (remove the BBCode) is really tiny, once that's done the main obstacle is removed but will it happen  ???
Last Edit: July 02, 2005, 00:31:08 by PROGAME