YesNoOk

.97 - Birthday release (Read 29328 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 23, 2005, 16:55:30

Share this topic:
.97 - Birthday release |
July 23, 2005, 16:55:30
Today, tabSRMM has its first birthday. So it has to be celebrated with a "birthday" release. There is not much new stuff, only some bugs have been fixed.

* extended status tooltips should now work again with all versions of ICQJ/ISee modified.
* The strange arrow symbol instead of the clock is gone.
* new shortcut - Ctrl-K clears the input area.
* some default settings have been reviewed, but you'll only notice this when installing tabsrmm on a fresh and clear profile.

Also, I have discontinued to maintain and distribute my own version of smileyadd. It is no longer needed. The version fixed by borkra is fully compatible with tabSRMM and contains a lot of fixes and improvements. It also works with other SRMM based message windows, so there is no more a need for a special tabSRMM version.
Consequently, smileyadd.dll has been removed from the tabSRMM archive.

Please upgrade smileyadd:
http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=2152

You should also upgrade IEView to fix the compatibility problems when using IEView in non-template mode with tabSRMM.
http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=1788

Download link for 0.9.9.97

As a final note...
If anyone is interested in how the first release did look like and how much progress it did since then - here is the archive. A note of caution, though, this is really VERY, very alpha and it shows :)
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 17:02:23 by Nightwish
Re: .97 - Birthday release |
July 23, 2005, 17:02:08
Happy birthday!
Great, great work! Thank you! :) :)
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
1 Like It 
July 23, 2005, 17:06:23
Happy Birthday!!! :)
Alex, thank you again for your great plugin! Keep on going!
__
Best regardz, Faith Healer
July 23, 2005, 17:40:35
HBD! :)
__
...it will never be the same
1 Like It 
July 23, 2005, 17:43:48
woohoo it has been a fun year :)

Happy B-Day TabSRMM!  ;D
here is the first post made by Nightwish intoducing the first alpha posted above
Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: [Alpha] tabbed SRMM message dialog  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a first preview release of a new message dialog derived from the standard srmm plugin. Instead of having a single message window per contact, it uses a container window, and within this window, a single tab per message session.

A few words of caution, though.

First of all, this is far from being complete. While it works for me, there are probably quite a few problems and bugs. Some of the known ones are listed in the readme and will be fixed asap.

As always with alpha quality software, you should backup your important data (at least the database) before using it.

The plugin also lacks several important features and is currently limited to a single tab "container". Multiple containers are planned though, as well as the ability to make message dialogs "top level" if you wish.

Concerning the future of this plugin:

I have some priority tasks on the todo list. One of them is the implementation of multiple containers together with a attach/detach system. I also want to reintroduce top level message dialogs, so that you can have any combination of containers, tabs and single message windows as you like.

Merging the math module stuff would be pretty nice. Window flashing needs to be addressed as well as the major bugs which are:

* splitter for multisend is disabled, because there are some redraw/resize issues.
* forwarding a message doesn't activate the new tab. You actually have to switch tabs to make it work.

You can download it at the plugin page (section message dialogs).

Feedback welcome.

And now, the readme (it's included in the .zip anyway).

you have done such a great job with it since then  :)
July 23, 2005, 17:51:54
btw i have one lil suggestion :)
Can there be lil more flexible integration with buddy pounce ? Auto "send later" after some seconds.
don't think about it to hard, but if sometimes you can done that it will be great :)
And have a happy birthday again! ;)
__
July 23, 2005, 18:12:43
Can there be lil more flexible integration with buddy pounce ? Auto "send later" after some seconds.
don't think about it to hard, but if sometimes you can done that it will be great :)

Maybe at a later time. For now, no bigger changes which may affect the stability are planned. tabSRMM will soon reach 1.0 and after that happened, we can talk about new features again :)
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 23, 2005, 18:28:06
yeah happy birthday from myside too =)
July 23, 2005, 18:30:56
Happy Birthday !!!!!!  :P
July 23, 2005, 21:00:16
happy birthday and thanks for the bugfixes :)
July 24, 2005, 01:57:23
Man, you rock!
__
--
Dixi.
July 24, 2005, 05:52:38

Maybe at a later time. For now, no bigger changes which may affect the stability are planned. tabSRMM will soon reach 1.0 and after that happened, we can talk about new features again :)
you're the master :)
__
July 24, 2005, 06:57:23
Happy birthday, man. You're great!    :)

Testing version 0.9.9.97 right now. The info panel crash is gone (at least for me). I don't know what caused it, so I can't tell what did fix it. Anyway... you're greaaaat!    :D

One thing I want to note regarding log settings: I've noticed that some log settings that were per-container saved in previous versions are now saved as global (Show icons, Show symbols, Use incoming/outgoing icons, Show nick, Show seconds... and the like).

When dealing with messages containers I don't care about it, but I had configured this settings very differently for the container that holds my RSS contacts. Now my RSS logs and news look exactly the same as all my contact messages, and it fact they look very ugly like that (with redundant contact names, icons I don't want to see and not accurated date/time info).

I know that now these settings are (or can be) set using templates. But sadly I've discovered that templates are global. I've also made two different .tabsrmm skin files (with different templates) for the different containers, but when applying one of them to one container... the applied templates also became global and they affect all containers. So now it has no sense to have different skin files for this purpose.

I sure think that templates are a great and flexible-formatting idea. But could these template settings be per-container as they were?

Thanks a lot for all the improvements. I was stuck on version 0.9.9.94 and I'm discovering a bunch of new and interesting features!

Using:
- WinXP SP2
- Miranda 0.4.3 (20050627)
- TabSRMM 0.9.9.97 (no IEView, just RichEdit)
July 24, 2005, 13:00:53
Happy birthday, man. You're great!    :)
One thing I want to note regarding log settings: I've noticed that some log settings that were per-container saved in previous versions are now saved as global (Show icons, Show symbols, Use incoming/outgoing icons, Show nick, Show seconds... and the like).

Message log settings were NEVER per container. They can be either global or per contact.

When dealing with messages containers I don't care about it, but I had configured this settings very differently for the container that holds my RSS contacts. Now my RSS logs and news look exactly the same as all my contact messages, and it fact they look very ugly like that (with redundant contact names, icons I don't want to see and not accurated date/time info).

You can still have per contact message log settings. I

Thanks a lot for all the improvements. I was stuck on version 0.9.9.94 and I'm discovering a bunch of new and interesting features!

Maybe at a later time there will be per contact template overrides. The problem is that because of the template system, some formatting options were removed (like new line and so on...) and there is corrently no replacement for these "per contact" settings.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 24, 2005, 13:40:57
One Year? Wow, Tabsrmm came a long way.
Good work!
Maybe a 1.0 for Christmas? :P
July 24, 2005, 14:53:33
One Year? Wow, Tabsrmm came a long way.
Good work!
Maybe a 1.0 for Christmas? :P

1.0 is very close now. .98 and .99 may or may not come before, depending on the current quality.
I want to release it before I leave for 3 weeks next month (gonna visit Great Britain for a little vacation :) ).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 24, 2005, 14:56:37
small visual glitch :)
July 24, 2005, 17:02:41
Great release.

Hmm, has the option to rename the default container gone away? :(
July 24, 2005, 17:32:13
When I press enter it doesn't send the message anymore, only functions as return (going to the next line). Bug?
July 24, 2005, 17:33:49
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 24, 2005, 17:34:16
Great release.

Hmm, has the option to rename the default container gone away? :(

Yes. Has been removed because it is now possible to use custom title format strings.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 24, 2005, 19:50:21
Yeah, but I'd rather just have the ability to rename the default one and then use a global title format of "%c: %n" :)

But that's okay, I'll customize the title instead.
July 25, 2005, 15:12:27
The custom title format of the default container resets itself upon restart. :(

Wait, the setting of whether to use a private titleformat or not depends on the setting at the top of the page - "Container settings are private"? So - is it supposed to work like this: either all container titles are private or all are global?

I'd like it if that setting was per container, so you could set only the ones you wanted to deviate from the global format.
Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 18:38:05 by Branstrom
July 26, 2005, 07:12:11
Message log settings were NEVER per container.

8-|

I'm very surprised. I'm almost sure that the log settings I mentioned were applied automatically to all the contacts that I included in my RSS-contacts container. I just configured that settings once, for one of these RSS contacts in that container, and I never needed to specify them again for new added RSS contacts included in that container.

But if you say it, I'm also sure you're right. You've developed it!

I've found the new contact menu option where you can set that settings are per-contact. I didn't notice it before, still exploring.
Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 09:33:16 by Malversan
July 26, 2005, 08:31:36
Wait, the setting of whether to use a private titleformat or not depends on the setting at the top of the page - "Container settings are private"? So - is it supposed to work like this: either all container titles are private or all are global?
i think you missed the second option i marked
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/6576/temp18qs.jpg

and i am not sure if you read the whole text of the first

I've tried to specify them per contact, but they're always applied as global. Which option I'm missing?

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1981/temp23rl.jpg
note the global/local option
you get to this dialog from the contact menu->tabSRMM settings