YesNoOk

Clist Nicer modified a bit (Read 153903 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 07, 2005, 00:07:13
Share this topic:
Clist Nicer modified a bit
New #1
Posted by Nightwish July 07, 2005, 00:07:13
I added some stuff to clist_nicer and decided to make it downloadable here.

Changed things:

* can display client icons (like _mw)

* can show extended status icons for ICQJ/ISee modified etc..

* show visibility list status with a small icon just right of the nickname (a red eye means the contact is blocked or on the invisible list - you're never visible to this contact, unless he is using ISee of course :) A green eye means that you've put this contact on your visible list.

* for metacontacts, the actual protocol icon will be shown instead of the metacontacts proto icon.

It's for testing only, bug reports are welcome though, but all feature requests will be silently ignored as this is basically something I wanted for myself

Things, I've planned to add:

* IcoLib support for the visiblity icons (only 2 of them)
* make all additional icons optional.
* Unicode aware nickname display (will work with tabSRMMs "codepage" feature which allows you to set a codepage for a contact and encode his nickname).

Note, you'll most likely need msvcrt71.dll because it's dynamically linked with Visual C++ 7.1

Download is attached, make sure to backup your old clist_nicer.dll if this one doesn't work (unlikely, but never impossible).
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:12:38 by Admin
Re: Clist Nicer modified a bit |
July 07, 2005, 06:53:37
* Unicode aware nickname display (will work with tabSRMMs "codepage" feature which allows you to set a codepage for a contact and encode his nickname).

if i have a contact which writes messages in Hebrew, but his nick as some special characters not related to Hebrew
i still won't be able to see his nick correctly right?
July 07, 2005, 07:00:46

if i have a contact which writes messages in Hebrew, but his nick as some special characters not related to Hebrew
i still won't be able to see his nick correctly right?

If you know the codepage and have it available on your system - then yes. Otherwise no, until we get real unicode support for nicknames (at protocol level).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 07, 2005, 07:27:06
Hey!

Thanks for that, those visibility icons are pretty cool :)

Got a question though, how or where do you disable client icons? I cannot seem to find a related option hereĀ  ???

Keep it up!

Tom

edit: Oh, and since I'm already here I might also ask for the following: Where do you stop that TabSRMM options icon to appear in the system tray when starting Miranda?
Last Edit: July 07, 2005, 07:32:03 by Slochy
July 07, 2005, 07:34:44
Hey!

Thanks for that, those visibility icons are pretty cool :)

Got a question though, how or where do you disable client icons? I cannot seem to find a related option here  ???

Will come. Both client and visibility icons will be optional, along with some other new stuff :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 07, 2005, 07:51:28
Ah, okay, thanks!

Could you also reply to my edited question above? Guess I was a bit too late there ;)
July 07, 2005, 07:58:20
Ah, okay, thanks!

Could you also reply to my edited question above? Guess I was a bit too late there ;)

It's on the "Event notifications" option page (in the checkbox tree).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 07, 2005, 08:06:04
July 07, 2005, 13:39:59
Nightwish said:
* for metacontacts, the actual protocol icon will be shown instead of the metacontacts proto icon.
One question keeps running through my head: how would one then know, in a glance, which one is a meta-contact and which one is a normal contact?
The idea is good, but I think a special set of icons should be used, that indicate the actual "most online" protocol, but at the same time showing that it's a meta-contact.
Maybe an M in one corner of each protocol icon would be enough for that, but I'm not sure who and how would have to bind those modified icons to each contact inside the meta-contacts...
July 07, 2005, 15:57:32
hmmm, when using this version, no global icon is shown in the tray, just an invisible icon  :)

This is my VersionInfo-

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP [ver: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1]
Installed RAM: 240 MBytes
Free disk space on Miranda partition: 6644 MBytes
Miranda IM version: 0.4.0.1 alpha
Build time: 10:32:57 of 14/06/2005 (day/month/year)
Nightly: Yes

Active Plugins:
chat.dll - Chat [0.2.1.3]
clist_nicer.dll - Nicer contact list [0.3.4.11]
crashrpt.dll - Crash Report [0.0.0.1]
dbeditorpp.dll - Database Editor++ [3.0.0.0]
dbx_3x.dll - Miranda database - with AutoBackups [0.5.0.6]
historypp.dll - History++ [1.4.0.0]
icq.dll - ISee [0.4.0.29]
mbirthday.dll - mBirthday [0.0.0.6]
msn.dll - MSN Protocol [0.4.0.4]
mtooltip.dll - mToolTip [0.0.1.5]
newawaysys.dll - New Away System [0.3.6.0]
popup.dll - PopUp Interoperability [2.0.3.9]
quicksearch.dll - Quick Search [1.3.0.1]
seenplugin.dll - Last seen plugin [5.0.1.1]
smileyadd.dll - SmileyAdd [0.1.4.7]
tabsrmm_unicode.dll - tabSRMsgW (unicode) [0.9.9.95]
tweakui.dll - TweakUI [0.0.0.3]
typingnotify.dll - Typing Notify [0.0.1.6]
variables.dll - Variables [0.1.2.0]
versioninfo.dll - Version Informations [1.0.1.5]

1 Like It 
July 07, 2005, 16:00:03
Looks very good! The visibility icons is something I wanted a long time ago.
But, yeah, like Osnatz wrote, no global icon is displayed. I'm using 4 different protocols, and when the statuses are the same in all of them I don't see a global icon in the system tray. There's a blank space, however, where I can click and open Miranda or right-click and get the pop-up menu, but no global icon is displayed there.

One more thing, client icons are only shown for ICQ contacts. Are you planning to show them for other protocols, if possible?

Regards :)
__
Repeat after me: I will use Google before asking stupid questions.
July 07, 2005, 16:20:51
One more thing, client icons are only shown for ICQ contacts. Are you planning to show them for other protocols, if possible?

AFAIK it's not possible because only ICQ has this feature
July 08, 2005, 21:00:08
July 09, 2005, 01:33:08
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 09, 2005, 02:36:06
tnx 4 the update , now its working great !!
July 09, 2005, 02:44:00
This is absolutely fantastic!!! Thanks a lot!

However, I am going to point to a couple of bugs, I hope they're minor :)

1. Check the option "Fade contact list in/out" (Contact list -> Window). Click the systems tray icon to minimize Miranda, click again to display it. None of the new visual elements (the toolbar, the bottom buttons or the sunken frame) are redrawn. You have to move the mouse over them to have them show up again.

2. The top 2 elements in the Ignore list sometimes display funny characters (squares, foreign characters) instead of ** All contacts ** and ** Unknown contacts **.

FYI: Windows XP SP2, ATI Radeon 9600 Pro video card, only very common plugins in Miranda including TabSRMM Unicode, of course :) Russian language is selected as a language for non-unicode programs.
Hope this helps.

Good luck! Keep up great work!
__
July 09, 2005, 04:22:53
1. Check the option "Fade contact list in/out" (Contact list -> Window). Click the systems tray icon to minimize Miranda, click again to display it. None of the new visual elements (the toolbar, the bottom buttons or the sunken frame) are redrawn. You have to move the mouse over them to have them show up again.

Confirmed.

2. The top 2 elements in the Ignore list sometimes display funny characters (squares, foreign characters) instead of ** All contacts ** and ** Unknown contacts **.

Can't reproduce.
1 Like It 
July 09, 2005, 08:49:33
Like Drugwash, I think - specials icon for MetaContacts is more comfortable solution.
And I have another request - I want to able remove MetaContact-protocol icon from status bar(status of meta-protocol - not interest information)
July 09, 2005, 09:55:39
And I have another request - I want to able remove MetaContact-protocol icon from status bar(status of meta-protocol - not interest information)
Already possible in the meta contact settings.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 09, 2005, 14:41:55
Ooops. Sorry. Early for disabling of metacontact-protocol in status bar I used "Protocols" settings of "Modern contact list".
July 09, 2005, 15:19:32
Nightwish said:
One question keeps running through my head: how would one then know, in a glance, which one is a meta-contact and which one is a normal contact?
The idea is good, but I think a special set of icons should be used, that indicate the actual "most online" protocol, but at the same time showing that it's a meta-contact.
Maybe an M in one corner of each protocol icon would be enough for that, but I'm not sure who and how would have to bind those modified icons to each contact inside the meta-contacts...

Most people use mTooltip. Besides, why do you wanna know if it's a metacontact?
1 Like It 
July 09, 2005, 16:52:59
hmmm, i'm using your new clist_nicer mod, everything looks great, the global icon is back, but I cant see icons for contacts that are in the visible list.
The visibillity icons are only shown for contacts that in the invisible list.
I want those green eyes back :]
bug?
July 09, 2005, 17:12:47
hmmm, i'm using your new clist_nicer mod, everything looks great, the global icon is back, but I cant see icons for contacts that are in the visible list.
The visibillity icons are only shown for contacts that in the invisible list.
I want those green eyes back :]
bug?

Yes, bug, unless you're using IcoLib, then it should work.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 09, 2005, 17:55:38
hmm, are u planning to fix it sometime?
i dont wanna use icolib, i like big icons in the Tabsrmm message log and the icolib shrinks them :/
July 09, 2005, 18:22:08
i dont wanna use icolib, i like big icons in the Tabsrmm message log and the icolib shrinks them :/
What??? IcoLib is just an icon library manager, it never shrinks icons or does anything else to them whatsoever :)
__
1 Useful