YesNoOk

.95 pre - release (Read 49924 times)

Started by Nightwish, May 08, 2005, 01:25:42

Share this topic:
.95 pre - release |
May 08, 2005, 01:25:42
This is now obsolete
Please continue here with the new 95 pre - builds

The number of changes is too large to outline it here in more detail - the changelog has more, although it isn't really complete.

Most important things:

• Variables and message log templates. Refer to this thread for a bit more information.

• Some option pages redesigned for a less cluttered look.
  • [color=] bbcode support.
  • support for OSD to announce messages. Get binaries of wbOSD from the link at the bottom of this page, make sure to disable the internal message announcement in the wbOSD options and choose On screen display as announcment method in tabSRMMs Event Notify options. The wbOSD_unicode.dll can announce unicode messages and should only be used with tabsrmm unicode. Instead of wbOSD, the old OSD plugin can be used aswell, but since it is not unicode aware, it will only work with the ANSI version (I think that the old OSD works better than wbOSD on Win 9x). The modifed wbOSD should be temporary. I submitted my patches to the author, and he told me that the next "official" version of wbOSD will contain them.

• A "floater" to access the session list and other tray menus when tray icon support is disabled. The floater is a very small window which is dragable and holds 2 buttons - one opens the session list menu, the other gives access to tabSRMMs tray menu. If you don't want the tray icon or have your taskbar hidden, this may be useful. The session list icon also flashes when unread messages are waiting.
  • A new "per contact" dialog, available in the contacts menu (so, no message window needs to be open in order to access it). Allows to set the most important "per contact" settings more easily.
  • support for background images in the message input area. Basically, it's a hack, more so a pretty ugly one, because the rich edit does normally not support background images. it works, but it may flicker on slower machines (don't complain, just turn it off - there is no way to make this better). Also, don't ask for background images support in the message log, as it won't work, because of the rich edit \highlight command used to set paragraph background colors (technically, these colors are foreground colors, so they would always overwrite the background image.

• much more... :)

[edit] The "official" version of wbOSD has been updated with my unicode changes:

http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=1963
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 21:18:24 by Nightwish
Re: .95 pre - release |
May 08, 2005, 03:02:13
Nightwish, this version is pretty cool :)
Idea of floater is extremely useful and handy, thanks.

But there are always some "but" :)
I can't find anywhere the option "Message body in a new line" (neither as separate option in "Message Log" tab, nor as part of any template sets).
Also couldn't find in variables something like 'newline symbol', and some templates contain "%!" variable, but there is no description on it.
__
--
Dixi.
May 08, 2005, 03:27:16

But there are always some "but" :)
I can't find anywhere the option "Message body in a new line" (neither as separate option in "Message Log" tab, nor as part of any template sets).
Faith Healer, 07.05.2005 21:15 :
Alex
2 bugs in tabSRMM from CVS:
1) missed option "message from the new line"
2) no space between header and message ("23:09" and "good!" in example below):

Faith Healer, 06.05.2005, 23:09:
good! :) waiting for :)

Nightwish, 07.05.2005 21:15 :
no bugs

Nightwish, 07.05.2005 21:15 :
1) missed option "message from the new line"  << gone, because of template support
2) same

Faith Healer, 07.05.2005 21:16 :
agggrrrr.... :))) ***looking for doc called RTFM :)

:))
__
Best regardz, Faith Healer
May 08, 2005, 03:57:38
__
--
Dixi.
Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 04:01:54 by Artem
May 08, 2005, 06:45:43
Can you disable the floater?
May 08, 2005, 07:12:52
updating preview after changing the edit box does nothing?
the text in the preview always selected
what is %!?
i added a new line to the outgoing and it was then in the incoming preview too (but not in the template string?)
after i changed it back to the default after resaving and previewing...it still had a new line in the preview

is it possible to make the floater make sure he s always on top (it can be covered by Miranda sometimes for example

i think the preview should be updated automatically after selecting a template in the list box

revert to default isn't implemented yet?

not all used variables are listed yet

I love how customizable this is, nice :)
Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 07:29:30 by PROGAME
May 08, 2005, 07:19:40
  • A "floater" to access the session list and other tray menus when tray icon support is disabled. The floater is a very small window which is dragable and holds 2 buttons - one opens the session list menu, the other gives access to tabSRMMs tray menu. If you don't want the tray icon or have your taskbar hidden, this may be useful. The session list icon also flashes when unread messages are waiting.
Wooh! Thanks a lot! :) :) :D
As you've added this, I have some improvement-requests:
1) I think the arrow-button could be avoided, if the tray menu will be opened by right clicking the other icon, as it is with the tray icon
2) An option for alpha-effect: Most floating-plugins have got this option
3) I think, you'll say "no" to this, because it's not something message-window-related: Although I'd like to have the icon to show my status if no event is unread.
Edit:
4) Disabling both (floater and tray icon) as requested by 350z might be usefull, too (not for me though)

Thanks for that great release again! :)
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
May 08, 2005, 07:42:44
i mean not completely remove the floater. But have at least an option to enable/disable the floater.
May 08, 2005, 07:56:59
I would also like an option to disable the floater.

What do you think about putting the snapping-window-support to Message Log=>Options=>Support for external plugins?
This option could be hidden to users without this plugin.
May 08, 2005, 09:44:08
i mean not completely remove the floater. But have at least an option to enable/disable the floater.

as workaround you can easily move floater under Windows taskbar — that helps :)
__
--
Dixi.
May 08, 2005, 10:30:30
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 10:35:56
I've set a background Image in the Input Area, after I have clicked "Show Multisend Contact List"  this Image was gone and I have to set it anew. This happens every time I do so
May 08, 2005, 10:41:52
updating preview after changing the edit box does nothing?

You need to save the template - yes, I know, it's not yet very useful, but the template editor will certainly improve :)

what is %!?

A dummy variable. It just prints the following text (until the next % is found) to the log. Only useful together with the # and $ modifiers to get different formatting in old and new events.

is it possible to make the floater make sure he s always on top (it can be covered by Miranda sometimes for example

Not when Mirandas contact list is alwo "on top". A "on top" window can oerlap another "on top" window

The template editor still sucks. But I didn't want to delay that release further :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 10:43:07
I've set a background Image in the Input Area, after I have clicked "Show Multisend Contact List"  this Image was gone and I have to set it anew. This happens every time I do so

No, it's only a small redraw bug. The images isn't really gone. Resizing the window will bring it back aswell.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 10:48:04
May 08, 2005, 10:55:02
Not when Mirandas contact list is alwo "on top". A "on top" window can oerlap another "on top" window

i just thought it looks nice on the toptoolbar hmm.....
there's an idea for somewhere in the far away future:
how about adding it as buttons to toptoolbar
one for the menu and one for the sessions menu
May 08, 2005, 11:01:00
Is there a way to make bbCodes the global setting when both Simple text formatting (*bold* etc.) and Support BBCode formatting are enabled ? I want to have both settings enabled but i want to send bbcodes but i can't configure this globally, only if i override every contact's option :(

The Preview button in the Event popups menu entry always shows popups, even when baloon tooltips or <none> are selected.
Is there a way to configure what kind of baloon tooltips are shown when that option is enabled ? The only tooltip i've seen is it shows me the name of the person that just wrote to me.

I think that single clicking a template should select it and update the Edit template edit as well (no need to double click).
The preview button doesn't work for me at all. I've clicked it several times but it just shows me the default one :( (i've attached an image)

EDIT:
I've read the posts that appeared while i was typing this one and i saw you have to save the template for the Update preview to work.
It doesn't work even if the template is saved, i've attached another image :)
Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 11:07:15 by eblis
May 08, 2005, 11:11:28
To all who downloaded the 95pre

Please re-download the archive, make sure you get the new .DLLs

the file timestamp of the new DLLs should be: May, 08,  13:04  (1:04 PM))

The first version had a *HUGE* bug with the color bbcode which could result in miranda completely hanging and inability to open a message window for the contact with the message containing that bbcode.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 11:29:56
Is there a way to make bbCodes the global setting when both Simple text formatting (*bold* etc.) and Support BBCode formatting are enabled ? I want to have both settings enabled but i want to send bbcodes but i can't configure this globally, only if i override every contact's option :(

The options on the "message log" page are unrelated to the "Send text formatting" option. They only specify how the rich edit based log will deal with formatting tags. "Send text formatting" determines how the parser will translate WYSIWYG formatting from the input box.

Is there a way to configure what kind of baloon tooltips are shown when that option is enabled ? The only tooltip i've seen is it shows me the name of the person that just wrote to me.

Yes, that's all what will be done for balloon tooltips. They are meant as a simple replacement for popups for people who don't need/like all the options.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 12:29:04

The options on the "message log" page are unrelated to the "Send text formatting" option. They only specify how the rich edit based log will deal with formatting tags. "Send text formatting" determines how the parser will translate WYSIWYG formatting from the input box.
"Send text formatting option" allows me to select either "Global setting", "Simple tags (*/_)",  "BBCode" or "Force off". Where can i make the "Global setting" = BBCode ? I must be blind, i didn't find it anywhere :(

changelog.txt said:
        + added "auto select and copy" for the message history log. If y :)ou release the left mouse
          button when text is selected in the log it will be copied to the clipboard instantly.
          You need to enable this on the "General" option page ("Auto-copy message log selection")

Automatically copy selected text is on the Message log pane, not the General one :)

changelog.txt said:
        + added better mouswheel handling. Using the mousewheel now scrolls the control with the
          pointer in it (no need to change focus).
What are the hotkeys ?
Nightwish said:
I added some more "shortcut". Holding shift when using the mousewheel while the input area holds the focus will scroll the message log w/o the need to change focus away from the input area.
Shift + mouse wheel doesn't work for me with neither Ieview nor rich edit.
Mouse wheel alone works with the rich edit but doesn't work with Ieview :(

Ctrl + mouse wheel when the message log has focus has some weird behaviour, the scrollbar starts moving but the log doesn't (IeView).
Ctrl + mouse wheel when the message log has focus "zooms" the log (rich edit). Can you please add a hotkey that restores the log to the default font ("zoom" level) ? Also, i think this option is responsible for some crashes. My miranda crashed twice while i was testing this "zoom" feature. It crashed without any errors, the container just dissapeared. It may be related to events as well, but i'm not sure yet.

Can you make middle click on the tray icon minimize the current container if the container is visible ? Just something that popped into my mind right now, i don't think it would be useful or that i'd use it though :)

EDIT:
I hope you don't mind my "bug" posts. I'm just trying to help :)
Please don't regret posting the version so soon ... It'a very nice release and i wanted to see everything it can do ;)
Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 12:35:18 by eblis
May 08, 2005, 12:53:17
"Send text formatting option" allows me to select either "Global setting", "Simple tags (*/_)",  "BBCode" or "Force off". Where can i make the "Global setting" = BBCode ? I must be blind, i didn't find it anywhere :(

The "Send text formatting" submenu on the toolbar (the protocol menu dropdown) has 2 submenus. One for the global and one for the per contact setting. There is no setting for this on one of the option pages (yet).

Automatically copy selected text is on the Message log pane, not the General one :)

Thanks, it was there, but I moved it, because its more related to the log.

changelog.txt said:
        + added better mouswheel handling. Using the mousewheel now scrolls the control with the
          pointer in it (no need to change focus).
What are the hotkeys ?
Nightwish said:
I added some more "shortcut". Holding shift when using the mousewheel while the input area holds the focus will scroll the message log w/o the need to change focus away from the input area.
Shift + mouse wheel doesn't work for me with neither Ieview nor rich edit.
Mouse wheel alone works with the rich edit but doesn't work with Ieview :(

Mouse wheel doesn't need hotkeys anymore. It always scrolls the log, unless the pointer is over the input area. The changelog is out of date :)

This does not work with IEView yet (I tried, but it may be hard to implement w/o getting IEView to support it).

Ctrl + mouse wheel when the message log has focus "zooms" the log (rich edit). Can you please add a hotkey that restores the log to the default font ("zoom" level) ? Also, i think this option is responsible for some crashes. My miranda crashed twice while i was testing this "zoom" feature. It crashed without any errors, the container just dissapeared. It may be related to events as well, but i'm not sure yet.

The Ctrl+mousewheel zoom is standard windows behaviour (it works in all rich edit based applications, even in MS Word :) ). There is no (easy) way to set the zoom back.

Can you make middle click on the tray icon minimize the current container if the container is visible ? Just something that popped into my mind right now, i don't think it would be useful or that i'd use it though :)

Middle click is already in use (open first container with unread message, if any).

__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 08, 2005, 13:06:02

Middle click is already in use (open first container with unread message, if any).
Yes, i found that option :). I was requesting it's reverse. If a container has focus (maybe i just middle clicked the tray icon to see the unread messages) and i middle click the tray icon it hides the container (like pressing the minimize button). This would be useful if you quicky want to view the unread message and then hide the container again.

Nightwish said:
The "Send text formatting" submenu on the toolbar (the protocol menu dropdown) has 2 submenus. One for the global and one for the per contact setting. There is no setting for this on one of the option pages (yet).
Thanks ... i don't have the toolbar visible and i didn't think to try the "Protocol menu".

Nightwish said:
Mouse wheel doesn't need hotkeys anymore. It always scrolls the log, unless the pointer is over the input area. The changelog is out of date
Nice ... switched to the *nix way in the end, eh ? ;)

EDIT:
Minor tweaks to the container:
Toggle sounds has a tooltip but toggle typing notification doesn't.
When toggling typing notifications the status bar changes it's text to reflect the changes: "Sending typing notifications disabled", "Sending typing notifications enabled". Can you make the sounds button change the status bar text to reflect the changes ?
Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 13:15:56 by eblis
May 08, 2005, 13:38:40
I Read the readme that came with it.

1. Overview
-----------

tabSRMM is an advanced messaging module for Miranda IM (version 0.3.3 or later
required).
It adds many new options and features to make instant messaging more
enjoyable and allows you to tweak almost every aspect of the message window to
fit your needs.

1.1. Requirements
-----------------

a) Miranda IM, Version 0.4.0.0 or later.
b) The unicode version of tabSRMM requires Windows 2000 or XP and will not
   run under Windows 9x or ME. The ANSI version may run under Windows 98
   or ME (not under Windows 95), but there are some minor problems. In general,
   I suggest that, if you're still using a 9x based Windows, you should not
   expect tabSRMM to work without problems. I do no longer have access to any
   Win 9x system, and do not use it as a development platform, so it is a bit
   hard to fix issues related to Win 9x.

That makes no sense. Guessing you should remove .3.3 as furthur below it says .4 required again.
I hope no one tells me that no one reads the readme anyways, because with that attitude there is a good reason no one reads them :P

Thank you for the avatar settings globally on! I don't remember seeing that one before.
May 08, 2005, 13:51:42
May 08, 2005, 14:05:59
Noticed that it is saving each contacts text input size.
I remember having this problem before, but then I fixed it so that whenever you changed the size for one contact it would change it for all.
Don't see the option anywhere.