YesNoOk

Bug in Latest Nightly? (Read 13280 times)

Started by ytsejam, March 20, 2006, 09:09:27

Bug in Latest Nightly? |
March 20, 2006, 09:09:27
Re: Bug in Latest Nightly? |
March 20, 2006, 12:11:41
Only happens when the controls are switched to RTL. It has somethng to do with the new visual style support for the rich edit controls.

Cause: unknown (maybe a richedit thing)

Solution: Ignore it or activate the "flat message log" option which will disable the visual style borders.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 12:13:42 by Nightwish
March 20, 2006, 12:18:08
I definitely want this one fixed. :)
It looks much better with this feature rather than with the 'fix'.
March 20, 2006, 14:58:45

Already found and fixed it - it really was RTL related, yes.

So for now, you can use the "flat message log" option as a temporary workaround until the next tabSRMM release comes out.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
March 20, 2006, 17:37:31
Waiting for the next release... :)

Another issue I am exepriencing: once there are enough messages in the chat log to require a scroll bar, if you try to use the mouse wheel to scroll up, it looks like it scrolls and that stops, per message (?), thing is, you have to refocus (click) on the chat log in order to make it scroll again.

Is this intentional?
March 20, 2006, 18:05:34
Another issue I am exepriencing: once there are enough messages in the chat log to require a scroll bar, if you try to use the mouse wheel to scroll up, it looks like it scrolls and that stops, per message (?), thing is, you have to refocus (click) on the chat log in order to make it scroll again.
Is this intentional?

Scrolling behaviour has not changed for ages.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Multisend CList inaccessible from the menu |
March 25, 2006, 18:24:05
I'm unable to display Multisend Contact List via the "View" menu in 0.9.9.100 (I'm certain it works in 0.9.9.99). But it's still possible to show it using the dropdown for the "Send" button or by pressing Alt+M.

And another thing, which is much older: Problem with non-unicode tabsrmm., I've noticed it in 0.9.9.98, because I was using v97 unicode before. This only happens with enabled "Send text formatting" (both Simple tags and BBCode). If I paste into the message window some text containing "ě" character and send it, all occurences of this character are replaced by "¨§". I think this happens if AutoReplacer alters the text while I'm typing as well. But if I type it in normally and send it, this character is sent unmodified. Strange, isn't it?
I can reproduce this anytime if you want to see it.
Unicode version works well.
Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 19:13:51 by satan
Re: Multisend CList inaccessible from the menu |
March 28, 2006, 00:29:17
I'm unable to display Multisend Contact List via the "View" menu in 0.9.9.100 (I'm certain it works in 0.9.9.99). But it's still possible to show it using the dropdown for the "Send" button or by pressing Alt+M.

Known issue
And another thing, which is much older: Problem with non-unicode tabsrmm., I've noticed it in 0.9.9.98, because I was using v97 unicode before. This only happens with enabled "Send text formatting" (both Simple tags and BBCode). If I paste into the message window some text containing "ě" character and send it, all occurences of this character are replaced by "¨§". I think this happens if AutoReplacer alters the text while I'm typing as well. But if I type it in normally and send it, this character is sent unmodified. Strange, isn't it?
I can reproduce this anytime if you want to see it.
Unicode version works well.

That won't be fixed. Use the unicode version if you need better support for international characters. That's why it is there.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 07, 2006, 13:50:32

Already found and fixed it - it really was RTL related, yes.

So for now, you can use the "flat message log" option as a temporary workaround until the next tabSRMM release comes out.

This is not fixed for RTL users with build #50, I still see the white boxes instead of the arrows.
April 07, 2006, 13:53:21
This is not fixed for RTL users with build #50, I still see the white boxes instead of the arrows.

Build #50 contains actually the same tabSRMM as #49. No changes were made.

The bug is fixed in SVN, but cvs code is currently "on hold", because of the large changes in tabSRMM regarding the chat integration.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 07, 2006, 14:46:34
Bummer...
April 14, 2006, 12:26:20
Got problem with latest build from svn (revision 92) : crash when going in customize font using font service.

PS: do not know if it is the right place for these king of bug reports  :confused:
__

April 14, 2006, 13:08:07
tweety said:
Got problem with latest build from svn (revision 92) : crash when going in customize font using font service.
With revision 92 TABsrmm does not show up in fontservice 0.1.2.0 at all for me :(

The default option page for settings fonts is in the tree Message sessions whereas the rest of TABsrm's option pages is in Message Sessions, so there are two trees in my options dialog
April 14, 2006, 13:42:55

That's impossible :) The current builds don't even use font service anymore.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 14, 2006, 13:54:46
That is why we have 2 entries in options for messages session. Maybe a type error : message sessions != messages sessions != messages session != message session  ;)

Is it possible that, removing the font services support make it crash due to old settings ?
__

April 14, 2006, 14:18:58
That is why we have 2 entries in options for messages session. Maybe a type error : message sessions != messages sessions != messages session != message session  ;)

Is it possible that, removing the font services support make it crash due to old settings ?

Nope. and I don't even have 2 entries there... Something wrong with the build, maybe?
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 14, 2006, 14:25:10
Oki, will look deeper, maybe a translation problem ?

Are they all translated ?
__

April 14, 2006, 14:29:14
Nightwish ONE entry (Message Sessions) is translated to Nachrichtensitzungen in german, the other one (Message sessions) is not...I can show you a screeny if you need ;)

BTW why have you removed FontService Support? Will it come back?

BTW "Close Sessions" on Tab-menu does not work, closing on Toolbar works
Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 14:30:52 by FREAK_THEMIGHTY
April 14, 2006, 14:47:26
Nightwish ONE entry (Message Sessions) is translated to Nachrichtensitzungen in german, the other one (Message sessions) is not...I can show you a screeny if you need ;)

BTW why have you removed FontService Support? Will it come back?

Nope, it won't. The new font dialog looks and feels very similar to font service.

It was removed because of chat integration (chat did never support font service) and I didn't want to add it - so I wrote a new font configuration dialog.

Also, with font service, things would be harder to setup (the number of fonts is pretty big now, because of all the chat fonts).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 14, 2006, 14:50:36
Sorry Nighwish but chat used FontService, see screeny:
But if you already removed it... :(

Yes, and I don't think it is an issue at all. Why should it be - configuring fonts is still possible...

On the left side of this screeny you can also see the two option-trees I'm talking about...

That's a translation issue, yes. One "s" is capitalized and the other is not - so that will screw things up when using a language pack (and yes, this can cause a crash...)
Last Edit: April 14, 2006, 15:02:23 by Nightwish
April 15, 2006, 13:02:55

That's a translation issue, yes. One "s" is capitalized and the other is not - so that will screw things up when using a language pack (and yes, this can cause a crash...)

That is what I thought ;)
__

April 15, 2006, 15:22:31
Another bug: Closing message window on tab menu is broken :(

EDIT: Fixed in Rev 94
Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 17:30:40 by FREAK_THEMIGHTY
April 16, 2006, 19:34:28
Another request by Herzog:
when I have multiple open groupchat-tabs and someone is e.g. joining in an inactive chat window the icon flashes on these tabs. Can you make any way to disable it? Maybe synchronizing it with the symbols which are showing in the tray?

Greetings by Herzog :-)
April 16, 2006, 20:00:13
Another request by Herzog:
when I have multiple open groupchat-tabs and someone is e.g. joining in an inactive chat window the icon flashes on these tabs. Can you make any way to disable it? Maybe synchronizing it with the symbols which are showing in the tray?

Greetings by Herzog :-)

Sorry, no feature requests for groupchats are accepted at this time. There is still a lot of work to do and I will decide later what will be done and what not.

I'll most likely NOT disable the tab icon flashing, because it is needed for notification of "semi-important" events.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
April 16, 2006, 20:22:16
oh no, he is crying all the time, I can't hear it anymore ;-)