YesNoOk

Looks pretty dead (Read 13165 times)

Started by Phillip, February 17, 2015, 20:55:51

Share this topic:
Looks pretty dead |
February 17, 2015, 20:55:51
Looking around here it looks pretty dead. Let's get this place going again. :)
Re: Looks pretty dead |
February 17, 2015, 21:24:17
Looking around here it looks pretty dead. Let's get this place going again. :)
Well, it basically is dead, since I do no longer have time to work on it. That may change in the future, but right now, I highly doubt this. It was a personal project to develop a forum software with certain features for a site that was never realized, because the owners changed their mind. After that, I continued it a while for a personal project, but lost interest at some point.

So yes, there is next to zero activity here, apart from the odd spam bot every now and then. Whether this will change I cannot say. The software itself is still available on github, but unless you're a developer with quite some experience, it's probably useless, because installation and configuration is unfinished and may not even work at all.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 17, 2015, 21:27:53
Well, at anytime I am usually working with different software. SMF, MyBB, phpBB, vBulletin, and also xenforo and others. So if you need any ideas and such let me know. I don't mind at all.

Activity is always a big thing to do, even if it's a little at a time.
February 17, 2015, 21:35:33
Well, at anytime I am usually working with different software. SMF, MyBB, phpBB, vBulletin, and also xenforo and others. So if you need any ideas and such let me know. I don't mind at all.
Well, this is based on SMF 2 and still shares a lot of things with it, including the database scheme (though with quite some extensions).

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 17, 2015, 21:38:16
Well, this is based on SMF 2 and still shares a lot of things with it, including the database scheme (though with quite some extensions).

SMF is pretty nice to work with. I've gone back and forth with it. Never really did a fork from it. I do fork FluxBB and PunBB a lot.
1 Like It  | 1 Thank You