Some progress has been made today. The new snapshot is up as of now. A few new features and some fixes. Click the "read more" link for the full changelog.
+ new "mIRC style" tab selection hotkeys. ALT-1 to ALT-0 will select the
corresponding tab. ALT-1 will select the leftmost (first) tab, and ALT-0
the rightmost (last) tab. Maybe confusing if you have more tabs than
actually fit on a single row.
+ added a few pixels of padding "inside" the message log so that characters
won't touch the inner border of the rich edit control anymore.
* container system menu: rearranged menu items so that close will always be
at the bottom of the menu (hinted by OnO).
* new option on the message log page: Use Arrow icons: This will replace the
message icons in front of each message with small arrows showing the direction.
A green arrow marks outgoing, and a red arrow incoming events.
* experimental fix for highlighting issues when using individual background
colors. Trailing lines are now removed from the message if they are empty.
It's still possible to have empty lines within a message, but if the last
line of the message body is *completely* empty, it will be removed.
This solves the problem which occured with individual background colors
where those empty lines were actually drawn with the default background
color (very ugly).
You need to activate this explicitely on the "Message Log Options" page.
* avatar changes: It's now again possible to choose an avatar from the message
window if you do not have mTooltip installed. Just click the picture menu
button (left of the history button) and choose "Load a local picture as avatar".
Note that the avatar section must be visible (toggle it on before), otherwise
the menu item will be greyed out. Selecting the avatar from the message window
will also write the picture to the mTooltip setting (if available), so you
don't have to change the picture twice if you're using mTooltip plugin.
* fixed CTRL-backspace. If there are more lines than the input box can actually
display w/o scrolling, ctrl-backspace was always setting the cursor to the
start of the text. Now, the cursor is always placed at the end.
* changed MSN avatar code. Now, a single event hook cares about all sessions. This
should avoid performance problems on slower machines with lots of MSN sessions