YesNoOk

CVS info (Read 4515 times)

Started by Nightwish, February 17, 2005, 18:24:02

Share this topic:
CVS info |
February 17, 2005, 18:24:02
The non-unicode version is currently broken in CVS and will crash if text formatting is active. This will stay for a while, but I'am gonna fix it for sure.

I plan to release a test snapshot of the current work soon (maybe today), which will be an "unicode only" release.

Here are a few informations about the current code:
  • Lots of, and I mean lots of, things have changed internally.
  • First, you'll need to update your icon packs. The old icon packs did not provide enough "slots" for the new icons. The new format was pushed to 30 slots and there are still a number of unused and reserved icon Id's. So, that should not happen again.
  • Theming added. You can now export all visual settings for the message log formatting to a plain text (.ini format) file. Importing this is, of course, also possible. It will save all your font + color configurations, including backgrounds, formatting info (indent etc.). Note that, loading a theme changes the global settings only, so if you're using "per contact" settings, you can use the new menu entry "Load global message log format" to quickly apply it to the current window.
  • The toolbar code was changed. The options to hide parts of the toolbar are gone and were replaced with a fast "per container" toggle toolbar option, accessible from the menubar and the container options dialog.

When visible, the toolbar auto-tweaks itself to hide less important buttons if there is not enough space to display all buttons. You can choose which buttons should be hidden first (either the new formatting controls or the old standard buttons) and even if you want to allow a hidden send button.
  • Static avatar layout is gone. Don't ask for getting it back, as it won't happen. It was simply in the way of the new toolbar code. However, for those of you who want to see avatars unresized, there is a new option to set a size limit (in pixels). Avatars smaller than this limit will be displayed unresized when you open a tab or window. You can still resize them by moving the splitter, but you don't have to.

It is also possible to prevent the avatar from stealing toolbar space, by setting another option "Always keep the toolbar at full width", in which case, the avatar will keep its place below the toolbar (its the same as "align for full width button bar" was in previous versions).
  • Option pages were redesigned. Some of them are now using a tab control to minimize the number of entries in the options tree.
  • Message log changes: It's now possible to set your own color for horizontal grid lines. They don't need to use the default background color any longer. Vertical grid lines can be disabled. A new option allows you to set additional linespacing (in pixels) at the end of a message to avoid a problem with some fonts where characters were "touching" the grid line (which looked ugly).
  • Text formatting: tabSRMM now recognizes *bold* /italic/ and _underlined_. It is also possible to use the formatting controls to format your text in the input box. The current parser will translate this into *bold* /italic/ and _underlined_ respectively, so you won't annoy people not using Miranda with strange formatting codes. If we ever get protocols with native formatting support, the message window will be able to support this aswell (the basic code is there, but since our protocols don't support sending and receiving formatted messages, it is simplified to use the */_ stuff).
There is more, but these were the most important things.

I now consider the feature set "complete" for the first final release. No new features, except the "autostart/autoload containers" (which is already in the works) will be added anymore, before a version "1.0" will be available (which will happen, when the remaining known bugs are gone).

Expect a test release of the current code soon, it will be posted here when it is available.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
CVS info |
February 17, 2005, 20:58:48
Sounds great Nightwish! I love big changes! ;)
You can't imagine how much I appreciate your work.
Miranda IM wouldn't be much without tabSRMM.
I'm also impressed of your coding skills. Never seen a bug in tabSRMM! :)
(Compared to my coding which is non-existent, well apart from some VB)

I'll stay here refreshing the page every 10th second... :D

Once again, great work!
And as always; keep up the....
CVS info |
February 17, 2005, 21:17:12
"Adam2" said:
Sounds great Nightwish! I love big changes! ;)
You can't imagine how much I appreciate your work.
Miranda IM wouldn't be much without tabSRMM.
I'm also impressed of your coding skills. Never seen a bug in tabSRMM! :)
Um, there were a lot of, and there still are quite a few :) Most of them are however not serious.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
CVS info |
February 17, 2005, 21:19:20
Well, never is maybe a strong word... ;)
But, as I said, tabSRMM works really good and I hope it will remain do so...
CVS info |
February 18, 2005, 22:53:23
Hey, still waiting for that new testbuild.... :rolleyes:
Is it close? Angeli-Ka just added icons for it in the file-listing... :)
CVS info |
February 19, 2005, 09:47:17
Yup, i think Nightwish is working on that non-unicode version to add complete test release... and what about modified secureim? it still has few bugs and it`d be nice to fix them...
CVS info |
February 19, 2005, 10:37:59
But who need the non-unicode? ;)
I want that text formatting feature now! :D

(Sorry if I'm putting pressure on u Nightwish, I just love tabSRMM :p )
CVS info |
February 20, 2005, 18:40:29
Ok, there is a new build up right now. Please not that this is for testing only and I suggest you backup your old tabsrmm DLL before installing this one.

It contains both unicode and ansi versions, but the ansi version may still have some serious troubles when text formatting is enabled.

There ARE lots of changes - you need updated icon packs and you should read the changelog for the last version (0.9.9.5) carefully.

Please take this version as "feature complete". I'am not going to add new features except for the container "autoload" thing, which I already started (but isn't useable right now). Minor improvements to existing features will be made together with bug fixes, but this version will be the base for a first "final", so the code is now more or less frozen and I'll ignore feature requests for a while.

Please don't complain or suggest changes to the current text formatting stuff. I know, its limited, because we have to use ordinary characters like */ and _ as formatting tags, but without having support for sending & receiving "rich messages" in our protocols, no better solution is possible at the moment.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
CVS info |
February 21, 2005, 22:20:14
what exactly is this?
Use extra Tabstops to format indent
i don't quite get it from the changelog :confused:
CVS info |
February 22, 2005, 13:21:09
I just updated to the newest version and strange thing happened. Next to the user's menu button on the toolbar I have an icon with an arrow and when I hover it with a mouse pointer it says Protocol Menu, but when I click it nothing happens. What is that...?

CVS info |
February 22, 2005, 14:00:14
"nowotny" said:
I just updated to the newest version and strange thing happened. Next to the user's menu button on the toolbar I have an icon with an arrow and when I hover it with a mouse pointer it says Protocol Menu, but when I click it nothing happens. What is that...?

it's a menu that will only be usable in the future
the fact that it is visible in this version is a bug which was already corrected for the next version:)

EDIT:
already fixed in the 2005/02/22, 14:50 GMT+1  version