YesNoOk

Zoom editor (Read 1244 times)

Started by Nightwish, August 31, 2011, 14:42:36

Share this topic:
New #1
Zoom editor |
August 31, 2011, 14:42:36
Zoom editor
This is something I blatantly "borrowed" from WordPress. When you write a long post, I find the relatively small post editor slightly annoying and this is where the zoom feature enters the game. Basically, you press a button and get an expanded editor that covers your entire browser window. The tool bar and smiley selector will remain on top of the editor, but everything else will be gone, allowing you to fully focus on the post content. WordPress calls that feature "distraction free writing" and that pretty much nails it. It's useful for people who often post long articles, like tutorials or reviews. See attached screen shot how it looks.

It works with both the basic and the WYSIWYG editor and should work in all modern browsers, including IE8 (no, that's not a modern browser, but it works anyway).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 02:45:48 by Nightwish