YesNoOk

Translations (Read 13759 times)

Started by Nightwish, January 10, 2005, 19:21:57

Share this topic:
Translations |
January 10, 2005, 19:21:57
Hi,

I'am about to finalize the international support for tabSRMM. I'am currently collecting all the strings to create a language file for developers who want to localize tabSRMM.

If you have already finished a translation, you may upload or post it here. Also, please report bugs like untranslateable strings or other problems here.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 06:50:08 by Nightwish
Translations |
January 13, 2005, 03:01:30
  • http://www.soufrag.cl
  • http://www.soufrag.cl
hi nightwish,

I'm the administrator of mi-miranda.org, the Miranda IM spanish-speaking website.
tabSRMM translation is included in the spanish langpack that is available at mi-miranda.org.
I can post it here if you want.
It's not perfect, but it's good enough. It needs some corrections of some strings that in spanish cannot be written with so few characters as in english. The guy who translated it didn't know that a translated string had to have the same or less characters as the original one so that it's not cut off in dialogs.

"Nightwish" said:
I'am currently collecting all the strings to create a language file for developers who want to localize tabSRMM.

This tool collects all translatable strings from a source file automatically:
http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=1647

I use it to manage the spanish langpack.
__
Miranda IM en EspaƱol
http://www.mi-miranda.org

souFrag Multimedia y Webhosting
http://www.soufrag.cl
Translations |
January 15, 2005, 01:47:40
I have an problem on translating TabSRMM...

There are inconsistencies in the menu. The "File" menu has hotkey, but the other doesn't, and for the "User" menu, when it is not selected, it is shown as "&User", however when clicked it becomes "User".

Translations |
January 16, 2005, 21:34:47
"starkwong" said:
I have an problem on translating TabSRMM...

There are inconsistencies in the menu. The "File" menu has hotkey, but the other doesn't, and for the "User" menu, when it is not selected, it is shown as "&User", however when clicked it becomes "User".
Thanks, I've fixed these inconsistencies and a few other menubar-related translation problems for the next release.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Translations |
January 27, 2005, 09:54:44
The first option point in the menubar is translated with "Datei senden".  You know that this isn't the right meaning. There is already a string before which translates this. Could you change the string to something which isn't that often?

Thx for your great support
noname2
Translations |
January 29, 2005, 16:19:02
Has anyone started translating to swedish yet? If not, I could give it a try.
Translations |
January 29, 2005, 16:31:05
"Branstrom" said:
Has anyone started translating to swedish yet? If not, I could give it a try.
No idea if someone started it. I only know about german, russian, french and czech translations.

The latest dev snapshots already contain the langauage template, which should be fairly complete now.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Translations |
February 06, 2005, 02:28:07
YEESSS  french Poowwer ...........  sorry, so...

I'm french translator for Miranda, my LangPack is [COLOR="orangered"]HERE[/COLOR]

I have one string not translatable, and too short, look the char "y" :

Thanks,
Translations |
February 10, 2005, 20:09:23
There is also a polish translation by raq.... i have it but dunno da url....
Translations |
February 20, 2005, 14:23:00
yes there is :) Polish translation:
you can fint it by clicking on this link
http://www.zso10.gliwice.pl/raq/misc/miranda/tabsrmm0994.txt

i have added some string because there were't placed in template :confused:

to Nightwish: pleace be careful when you change something in translations or in build because i've noticed that you have sometimes changed letter to capital and then some translations have to be improved :)
also i don't know why tranlation of menu bar doesn't work :( (container, message log, view)

and one request :) when you add some string, please mark it and add it at the top of template, because if not -> it is quite hard to search it, it will be easier for translations :)
you can mark it by adding some text like new version of tabsrmm  and below new strings :)
Translations |
March 05, 2005, 00:20:24
hey ! hello
I make the spanish translation. You find here
http://www.miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=1862 on miranda web site
The only problem is the tabSRMM template version (0.9.9.0). For this detail there are many strings not traduced.
The other problem is the big size string in the sp translation.
Possibly there are translation errors, sorry for this.
Re: Translations |
March 28, 2005, 13:24:06
how about german translation ..i'm no programmer but i could just translate the english phrases and words if there is a nescessary for.
May 10, 2005, 17:07:05
Romanian translation for 9.95 pre2 (without event notifications dialog strings) is ready for being targeted.

EDIT:
I have included both full version (with diacritics) and simplified version.

I have no free host that allows direct linking, so I attached it here. Feel free to notify me about spelling errors, missing strings, etc. For more details, contact me directly; info in my profiles, either here or on Miranda forum.

Enjoy! :)

Updated: May10, 2005 22:49 (GMT+2)

Included 2 more strings from the template editor, that contain variables names.
Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 19:49:49 by Drugwash
Re: Translations .95 |
July 16, 2005, 19:21:47
There are some new untranslatable strings:
- popups (toggling RTL..)
- Info panel (idle, name...)

please review
July 18, 2005, 16:14:48
I will not update the Romanian translation anymore.
I'm staying with .95pre7, so if anyone wants to take it from where I left, be my guest. :)
Translations of tabSRMM 0.9.9.96 |
July 30, 2005, 12:35:57
Hi.

I can don't translate this string. How to do ?

Thanks
Re: Translations of tabSRMM 0.9.9.96 |
July 30, 2005, 19:51:11
__
My SMF-based forum fork
September 19, 2005, 12:20:25
I do not agree, Why can not this string be translated ?
__

September 19, 2005, 12:25:57
I do not agree, Why can not this string be translated ?

Because it is a debugging message. It is already gone, because the next version of tabSRMM will handle avatar via the avatar service plugin and there fore doesn't need to refresh them on its own.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
September 19, 2005, 13:26:11
Thanks for this clear answer and thanks for the nice job you did, do and will do  :biggrin:
__

September 22, 2005, 12:06:50
Is there Arabic from this ?   :frown: :biggrin: :slanted:

Best Regards
February 13, 2009, 03:59:27
[ftp=ftp://][/ftp]