YesNoOk

Taskbar preview (Read 2270 times)

Started by Mr.Henky, August 27, 2009, 18:27:43

Taskbar preview |
August 27, 2009, 18:27:43
Hi,
would it be possible to add a taskbar preview for each tab in tabSRMM window, like IE8 has?
Re: Taskbar preview |
August 27, 2009, 19:08:53
Hi,
would it be possible to add a taskbar preview for each tab in tabSRMM window, like IE8 has?
Possible - sure, everything is possible.

For tabSRMM, it won't be done though, because it would be WAY too much work and I do not consider the feature important enough.

Adding previews for child windows (or tabs) is non-trivial, because you have to deal with inivisible proxy windows for each tab and much more. Not only complex, also slow and very heavy on resources. Way too much cons and few pros in my opinion.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 09, 2011, 23:03:45
Taskbar preview is pretty good now, when there is one tab per window, except for case when you use history++ plugin for message log. Will it ever work in preview mode or there are any principal limitations?

If it's hard, could you at least make protocol icon of active tab be shown in taskbar when preview is turned off the same way as it's shown when "Use Windows 7 task bar features for tabbed windows" is checked?
Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 23:10:32 by mrdont2008
February 09, 2011, 23:11:56
Taskbar preview is pretty good now, when there is one tab per window, except for case when you use history++ plugin for message log. Will it ever work in preview mode or there are any principal limitations?

Without fundamental changes in History++, it will never work. Since H++ is basically no longer in active development, you should not expect this.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 10, 2011, 20:17:10
And what about taskbar icon? Can it work without preview enabled the same way as it works with preview? I mean show not miranda icon, but the icon of active tab's protocol.
February 10, 2011, 20:20:00
And what about taskbar icon? Can it work without preview enabled the same way as it works with preview? I mean show not miranda icon, but the icon of active tab's protocol.

Nope. That's not possible when using the combined mode for the task bar. Windows will only allow the application icon which is set by Miranda itself.

Task bar support in TabSRMM should be considered final and finished. Everything that was planned to be implemented is done and there won't be any major changes or additions in the future.
__
My SMF-based forum fork