YesNoOk

tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds (Read 27457 times)

Started by Nightwish, November 13, 2005, 02:08:23

Share this topic:
Re: tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds |
December 16, 2005, 23:18:09
I test it and when the avatar is stored in ....Miranda/MSN for instead work well, BUT when the profile is stored in document and settings/user/program data/Miranda/MSN (PC multiusers) tabsrmm don't get the avatar I test EVERYTHING avatar service Png2dib.dll Imgdecoder.dll . If you want I could paste a version information or a couple of screen if you don't believe me.

Well, it works for me. That's the only thing I can tell you at the moment. I don't have the time for more investigations right now (and that won't change for the next few weeks, maybe months - due to some rl changes, my time is limited and i'll only fix real bugs in tabsrmm and my other plugins).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 17, 2005, 18:52:50
I don´t know what happen maybe my xp is in Spanish..... the thing is, if I put my profile.dat in Miranda directory and change Miranda.ini ProfileDir=. works well, but when I change my Miranda.ini ProfileDir=%APPDATA%/Miranda, don´t.... I thing that you find the avatar (MSN in my test) in Miranda´s path instead the path ProfileDir of Miranda.ini file. is my modest opinion, please don´t get me wrong, I never want to tell you how to do the things.

I don´t want to waste more of your time I only want to tell you that something is working wrong, I always appreciate your answers and all of your work.

Thank you.
December 18, 2005, 01:30:21
I guess there's some truth in the man's words. I recently noticed that after changing the profiles' path in mirandaboot.ini to .\Profiles, the MSN avatar does not appear in My Details frame anymore.
-I checked if the picture file is present: yes, it is, in %mirandapath%\Profiles\MSN\MSN avatar.png. Assuming my system could have (although it doesn't) any issues with PNG images, I created a copy of it, converted to GIF, in the same folder.
-I deleted and reset my MSN avatar from UserInfoEx dialog. Operation went succesfully. I opened a conversation with a MSN user, asked him if he can see my avatar and what does he see, and he said "yes" and described my avatar.
-I asked Ricardo Pescuma directly about the way My Details retrieves the own avatars and he said his plug-in totally relies on Avatar Service, so he only displays what Avatar Service offers.

Given that all other avatars (ICQ and 2 of Jabber) show properly after the profiles folder change and this happens with two other Miranda installations of mine, on the same machine, that have been modified in the same manner, I am inclined to believe that there could be something in Avatar Service that stops it from updating the own MSN avatar from a different path than %mirandapath%.
December 18, 2005, 01:36:44
Then file it as known issue, but don't expect a fix in the near future (at least, not from me, as I don't have the time).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
December 18, 2005, 02:05:10
Sure, I got that. The information is here, so whenever you (or anybody else) will have time and will to look over it, you know where to find it.
I hope everything's fine in your RL, no major problems.
December 21, 2005, 10:33:55
I thought it would rather fit in here, than posting on miranda-im.org ;)
With the latest two tabsrmm versions from nightly builds the container taskicon disappeared, when its title bar is hidden. Instead only the nickname and status is shown.
Not very critical, but somehow annoying.
Good work so far, keep on!  :biggrin:
January 05, 2006, 22:02:25
Ok, so like the first post stated, it is in the nightlies. I take it this means you wont be releasing versions on this website for now? It will just be released in the nightlies.

I see the changes in the changelog, so that is where we would look for what's new.

(so will it be 1.0 soon? ;) )

Whoops. I have unicode one checked off, although I use/get the nonunicode nightlies. Guess this means I have been using an outdated version for a while. I better switch it (I don't need unicode anyway, just thought unicode was better).