YesNoOk

tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds (Read 28021 times)

Started by Nightwish, November 13, 2005, 02:08:23

Share this topic:
Re: tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds |
November 19, 2005, 02:15:45
toggle avatar display is greyed out for me as well. Although I dont have my avatar in the message window anywhere with the skin I am using, so I can not tell the other problem.
November 19, 2005, 19:54:43
1. Toggle avatar is greyed when the avatar mode is not set to "per contact".

2. Own avatars are working as they should with latest avatar service

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 19, 2005, 20:19:21
1. Toggle avatar is greyed when the avatar mode is not set to "per contact".

2. Own avatars are working as they should with latest avatar service

My problem is related to the fact that my *own* MSN avatar won't show in the container. My ICQ avatar displays fine. When I check my user info, I can see my MSN avatar, but tabsrmm doesn't seem to detect it.

My original setting for avatars was "On, if present." I changed that to "Always on", and now my own MSN avatar is the generic shadow face, indicating a "missing" avatar...

Avatars of my contacts all seem to display fine.
Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 20:21:05 by Airw0lf
November 19, 2005, 20:22:36
My original setting for avatars was "On, if present." I changed that to "Always on", and now my own MSN avatar is the generic shadow face, indicating a "missing" avatar...

Something wrong in your setup. The feature works fine for MSN, ICQ and jabber
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 19, 2005, 20:43:36
November 19, 2005, 21:07:11
The problem goes away if I revert to tabsrmm 0.9.9.98.

Yes, because it does not use avatar service for own avatars. It just seems that avatar service is not finding your msn avatars which basically means they are saved to a non-standard location.

__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 19, 2005, 22:55:34
November 19, 2005, 22:56:29
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 19, 2005, 23:02:16
Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 23:08:18 by Airw0lf
November 19, 2005, 23:19:30
I fixed my problem by converting it to bmp...when MSN avatar.bmp exists, everything is fine. It doesn't work otherwise...
But that is quite strange because avatar service won't recognise the png format.

Then it needs imgdecoder.dll
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 19, 2005, 23:58:29
I fixed my problem by converting it to bmp...when MSN avatar.bmp exists, everything is fine. It doesn't work otherwise...
But that is quite strange because avatar service won't recognise the png format.

Then it needs imgdecoder.dll

Thanks, that will fix it.

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a central location to download imgdecoder.dll? I have seen many different versions floating around.
November 20, 2005, 00:08:33
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 20, 2005, 00:13:23
Thanks, that will fix it.

As an aside, does anyone know if there is a central location to download imgdecoder.dll? I have seen many different versions floating around.

http://forums.miranda-im.org/showthread.php?t=4738&highlight=imgdecoder

I think, this should be the latest one. It is fairly stable (older imgdecoder versions can cause crashes because of known overflows in libpng or zlib - could be even a security risk - when loading some PNG images).

Cool, thanks. That was the version I favoured myself, because it should have fewer unpatched flaws.
November 24, 2005, 16:26:04
i have a problem with the contact visibility when i put someone on "you apper always offline or have this contact blocked" he can still see me as online/away ,
i have tabsrmm 0.9.9.99 (but i had the problem also in 0.9.9.98)

P.s if i open a new proflie (of the miranda) the contact visibility works great but i want to stay with my old proflie (and if i transfer the old profile settings the contact visibility wont work)

help me plz (maybe i can change something with DB++?)

tnx!
Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 16:27:47 by ThemaN
November 24, 2005, 17:34:17
i have a problem with the contact visibility when i put someone on "you apper always offline or have this contact blocked" he can still see me as online/away ,
i have tabsrmm 0.9.9.99 (but i had the problem also in 0.9.9.98)

P.s if i open a new proflie (of the miranda) the contact visibility works great but i want to stay with my old proflie (and if i transfer the old profile settings the contact visibility wont work)

help me plz (maybe i can change something with DB++?)
Maybe. It has definately nothing to do with the message window.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 10, 2005, 07:09:24
On my machine, Ctrl+C opens the Container options instead of copying the text (in the Message Log). I don't like the automatic copy function and I use the Ctrl+C for copying some text the message log.
absolutely agree. it's very annoyed me  :mad:. i always use ctrl+c for copy and don't like ctrl+insert because ctrl+c much more convenient.

how to disable options panel on ctrl+c ?? :-\
Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 11:40:45 by Nightwish
December 10, 2005, 09:42:47
absolutely agree. it's very annoyed meĀ  :mad:. i always use ctrl+c for copy and don't like ctrl+insert because ctrl+c much more convenient.

Update your tabSRMM with the one from the latest nightly... it has been fixed already...
December 10, 2005, 11:42:09
On my machine, Ctrl+C opens the Container options instead of copying the text (in the Message Log). I don't like the automatic copy function and I use the Ctrl+C for copying some text the message log.
absolutely agree. it's very annoyed me  :mad:. i always use ctrl+c for copy and don't like ctrl+insert because ctrl+c much more convenient.

Rule #1:

Before posting a "bug report", read the forum, the bugtracker, try the latest build etc. The issue has been fixed already.

Rule #2:

Also, if you find something "annoying" in nightly builds - don't use them. They are for testing purpose and for people who can deal with such issues.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 10, 2005, 13:22:29
sorry... i was assured that i use latest 41 build and tabsrmm 0.9.9.99... redownloaded it and reinstalled it and problem disappear..  ??? (already can't say which exactly was installed before)
i'm sorry once again..  :-[

PS i don't like releases, like latest alpha (beta)
December 13, 2005, 14:27:45
The problem goes away if I revert to tabsrmm 0.9.9.98.

Yes, because it does not use avatar service for own avatars. It just seems that avatar service is not finding your msn avatars which basically means they are saved to a non-standard location.

I have this situation, XP with 3 users with different permissions and none of then cant see they own avatar (MSN protocol) i put imgdecoder.dll and avatar service buy nothing happen if I set globally ON I can see the black guy but never my avatar (that not happen with 98 version of tabsrmm) I thing that could be a problem with the location as you saw.

Thanks for your time and all of your work
December 16, 2005, 17:11:07
I would have a simple question: which is the dedicated, default key that stores the MSN avatar path and in which module is it placed? I have found AvatarFile string in ICQ and Jabber, but no sign of such key in MSN. Also, there are one to three keys in ContactPhoto module that contain paths to some avatar pictures. I wonder why George doesn't go with the flow and use the same AvatarFile string as the other protocols. It would definitely simplify things for Avatar Service.
I could also ask why imgdecoder.dll or -in extremis- gdiplus.dll aren't globally used for image handling, rather than PngImg.dll + Png2dib.dll + Imglib.dll + Imgdecoder.dll + gdiplus.dll, but that would be one too many rhetorical questions for today.  ;)
December 16, 2005, 19:21:12
I would have a simple question: which is the dedicated, default key that stores the MSN avatar path and in which module is it placed? I have found AvatarFile string in ICQ and Jabber, but no sign of such key in MSN. Also, there are one to three keys in ContactPhoto module that contain paths to some avatar pictures. I wonder why George doesn't go with the flow and use the same AvatarFile string as the other protocols. It would definitely simplify things for Avatar Service.

There is no such key for MSN. MSN always stores the avatars in the MSN subfolder. The folder is created relative to the directory holding the profile (usually, Mirandas main directory, but it can also be in the users home directory).

I any way, the avatar service works fine with msn, icq and jabber. No idea about other protocols, but these protocols are the only protocols with full support for own avatars anyway.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 16, 2005, 20:07:10
I don't know if you didn't understood my situation, I say that tabsrmm  0.9.9.99 when they have different profiles running on xp, the tabsrmm don't show my own avatar that didn't happen with 0.9.9.98 version, could you test that???
December 16, 2005, 20:12:39
I don't know if you didn't understood my situation, I say that tabsrmm  0.9.9.99 when they have different profiles running on xp, the tabsrmm don't show my own avatar that didn't happen with 0.9.9.98 version, could you test that???

Done and works with avatar service if everything is configured properly. I can see all my own avatars for each protocol i use (i use 2 MSN, 2 Jabber and ICQ and all avatars are fine).

The difference between 98 and 99 is that 99 uses avatar service and 98 did not.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
December 16, 2005, 23:13:22
I test it and when the avatar is stored in ....Miranda/MSN for instead work well, BUT when the profile is stored in document and settings/user/program data/Miranda/MSN (PC multiusers) tabsrmm don't get the avatar I test EVERYTHING avatar service Png2dib.dll Imgdecoder.dll . If you want I could paste a version information or a couple of screen if you don't believe me.