YesNoOk

tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds (Read 27737 times)

Started by Nightwish, November 13, 2005, 02:08:23

Share this topic:
tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds |
November 13, 2005, 02:08:23
Hi,

We have agreed that future Miranda nightly builds will also include tabSRMM DLLs. This will already start with the next nightly of Miranda which should be available within the next few days.

Since the nightlys are binary builds, they usually don't include changelogs or and the version numbers may not always change from one nightly to the next, I'll post release notes here. I'll continue to release builds on the file listing, because the builds included in the nightlys *may* contain unfinished stuff (although, this happens rarely, because no big changes are planned for tabSRMM and most changes are small detail improvments of already existing features).

The following are the release notes for the current build - the version number is already at 0.9.9.99

Code:
* improvments for own avatar display. Now, this uses the avatar service (minimum
  version 0.0.1.11) for managing your own avatars. tabSRMM now always shows the proper
  avatar you have configured for a given protocol under Main Menu -> View/Change my details.

Setting your own avatar in the message window is possible (right click your avatar image
  and choose "Set your avatar...". However, the menu entry may appear grayed which means
  that the protocol does not support setting the avatar from "outside" its own option
  pages. Currently, only MSN allows to set the avatar using an external service.

+ added workaround for the "Unknown Contact" problem with some protocols (fallback to
  non-unicode nickname). (unicode build only).

+ added EXPERIMENTAL feature - real time message log trimming.

What the.... ?

This feature was inspired (or suggested) by one user on the forum. At first,
  i thought that it is almost impossible to implement with the rich edit control as
  our message history viewer. But I found a reasonable way to do it anyway.

It is for people who are rarely closing their message windows. As a result, a growing
  message history in the chat window(s) may consume HUGE amounts of memory, especially when
  emoticons and message log icons are enabled.

The solution? Trim the message log to a maximum number of events (e.g. 200) - older events
  will disappear from the top of the message history and only the N most recent events
  will remain in the chat window. As a result, memory requirements may drop significantly.

The feature is different from the already exsting "load N number of old history events",
  because it works in "real time". Whenever a new message is sent or received, the
  message history will be trimmed at the top so that only old text will disappear.

How to use?
  Set the global limit for all message windows on the "Message Log" options page. A per-
  contact setting is also available in the "tabSRMM settings" dialog which you can reach
  from the contacts context menu. The per contact setting overrides the global value.

NOTE: changing this setting will not affect message windows which are already open,
so you need to close and re-open them.

One word of warning, though. This feature has a side effect. In order to "know" where to cut
  off the message history, markers need to be placed in the text. The markers are hidden
  number sequences (which actually correspond to database event handles), but when you copy
  text from the log, the rich edit control will copy the hidden text. As far as I know, there
  is no way to avoid this.

Also, depending on your template, the top of the message log may not always look perfectly
  formatted, because text is removed from the top only.

NOTE2: won't work with IEView as IEView uses a completely different way of displaying
messages and tabSRMM has no control over the contents of the IEView message history
window.

! FIX: Alt-M didn't properly create the embedded multisend contact list.

+ added a color control for setting the info panel fields background color to the font
  configuration dialog. Previously, this was only possible with font service.

* improved avatar display on the info panel. Avatars will no longer waste horizontal space
  if their width is smaller than their height (like most ICQ avatars). The size of the
  avatar field is now properly calculated so that the avatar fits.
  Also, the info panel does no longer show the "unknown" avatar for contacts which don't
  have a contact picture available. You may use the "protocol picture" feature of avatar service
  for setting fallback images on a per protocol basis.

* redesigned the info panel somewhat. The ugly check box is gone, the fields have been
  re-arranged to allow more space for the nickname.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: tabSRMM in miranda nightly builds |
November 13, 2005, 07:21:07
So if build 0.9.9.99 is ready, why not also release it here as usual?
November 13, 2005, 17:25:27
cool. will the nightly builds have though srmm and tabsrmm or did they decided to continue with tabsrmm only?

i agree ytsejam.
November 13, 2005, 17:40:19
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 13, 2005, 18:22:24
Is there any reason to keep the original SRMM? TabSRMM has a single window mode, for those who like that.
November 13, 2005, 18:53:17
Is there any reason to keep the original SRMM? TabSRMM has a single window mode, for those who like that.

Simplicity :)

Something which tabSRMM can not (yet) provide. Many people have problems with setting up all the features. What misses from tabSRMM is a "quick config" feature which allows to setup basic things fast and w/o having to dig through 5 pages of options. It is certainly nice to have all these options and many advanced users wouldn't like to live without them, but a first time user may find himself lost pretty easily.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 14, 2005, 23:07:27
When I search for "tabsrmm" on miranda filelisting, the first result is
http://miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=1401

and the current tabsrmm is the 6th one down.
Is it possible to edit the old tabsrrm download page to include text at the top of the description part with a "This version has been superseded by TabSRMM unicode 0.9.9.98
http://miranda-im.org/download/details.php?action=viewfile&id=2457" in red colour or something like that so people know the correct version to get and not download the old version?
Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 23:10:14 by andrewabc
November 14, 2005, 23:28:04
Is it possible to edit the old tabsrrm download page to include text at the top of the description part with a "This version has been superseded by TabSRMM unicode 0.9.9.98

No, because it has not been superseded. In future, the 0.0.8 will be replaced by the non-unicode releases (which is not yet available, but will be with the next release - .99).

__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 02:35:24
Specially registered to ask this :)

Nightwish any eta on the multi person chats in tabsrmm? Miranda's multi chat plugin sucks and its a pain to invite users/leave conversations etc.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks
November 17, 2005, 02:49:59
Specially registered to ask this :)

Nightwish any eta on the multi person chats in tabsrmm? Miranda's multi chat plugin sucks and its a pain to invite users/leave conversations etc.

No ETA. This is something which won't ever happen with the current code base + core design where 1vs1 IM sessions are completely differently handled than multiuser chats.

Chat.dll handles multiuser conversations quite well (or at least well enough).

The core needs a better overall session design to make a unified message window (which handles everything) possible.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 10:12:28
why some options in tabsrmm .99 in the newest nightly build are not available?
they r gray in event notification ... and .99 doesnt show the send and retrieve icon!
in my case an arrow!??!
November 17, 2005, 11:03:12
Shouldn't there be an unicode version bundled with the Miranda build...? or both at least...? now there is non-unicode version of tabSRMM....
November 17, 2005, 16:17:48
Shouldn't there be an unicode version bundled with the Miranda build...? or both at least...? now there is non-unicode version of tabSRMM....

It is. The unicode nightly contains a unicode tabsrmm.

The filenames are, however, somewhat confusing. Both are named tabsrmm.dll - but this is common for nightlys, because the are complete builds. The uniocde clist_classic is also just clist_classic.dll.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 16:19:30
we need tabsrrmm release in here too!!!!
November 17, 2005, 16:20:58
why some options in tabsrmm .99 in the newest nightly build are not available?

The options have been simplified. They are still available when you switch the event notifications to "Don't use simple mode".

they r gray in event notification ... and .99 doesnt show the send and retrieve icon!
in my case an arrow

They are only temporarily disabled.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 16:21:16
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 16:45:11
k
November 17, 2005, 17:56:27
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 17, 2005, 18:17:49
oh is it like christmas???? ;)
November 17, 2005, 18:19:03
November 17, 2005, 19:12:23
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 18, 2005, 09:40:28
On my machine, Ctrl+C opens the Container options instead of copying the text (in the Message Log). I don't like the automatic copy function and I use the Ctrl+C for copying some text the message log.
November 18, 2005, 10:10:08
Use Ctrl + Insert instead of Ctrl + C
November 18, 2005, 13:41:16
Using the version in the current nightly build my message icon suddenly disappeared. See screenshot

November 19, 2005, 00:40:25
Argh, another problem in 0.9.9.99 - my MSN avatar has suddenly disappeared. The avatar options button does not let me "Toggle Avatar Display" (it is greyed out). I can set my avatar, but tabsrmm does not show it.

I have checked that my MSN avatar is visible in UserInfoEx...

My ICQ avatar is fine.

The weird thing is, I am sure my MSN avatar was visible last night!