YesNoOk

Skinning (Read 2178 times)

Started by span, October 13, 2010, 14:13:34

Skinning |
October 13, 2010, 14:13:34
I am trying to rewrite a skin and can't get 32bit png images to show up in the info panel in tabsrmm 3. What could be going wrong? I am using the documentation on your wiki.
Re: Skinning |
October 13, 2010, 14:16:13
I am trying to rewrite a skin and can't get 32bit png images to show up in the info panel in tabsrmm 3. What could be going wrong? I am using the documentation on your wiki.

TabSRMM has changed the skinning for the info panel. The fields are no longer available and the background of the info panel is the container window background.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
October 13, 2010, 14:18:30
Curious why this was changed. I will have to get creative...but still curious.
October 13, 2010, 14:25:52
Curious why this was changed. I will have to get creative...but still curious.

It looks better in non-skinned mode with the new ways of customizing the message window by simply using colors. Also, with Aero enabled, the old fields didn't look nice at all and since the focus of TabSRMM is on the default (unskinned) UI, I decided to kill the info panel fields entirely.

You could try to assign a image item to the InfoPanelBackground item name (don't forget to set up the item itself) - this should draw the entire info panel background (for example, you could use a image with a color gradient) or simply use theme colors for the gradient as described here.

There is, however, no way to get the individual fields back - they do no longer exist as the info panel is now a simple drawing canvas.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
October 13, 2010, 14:35:03
Could create a legacy mode for skins. I run Win 7 and Vista at home...at work I use xp. So the skins look like poo with the new skinning setup.
October 13, 2010, 14:38:06
Could create a legacy mode for skins. I run Win 7 and Vista at home...at work I use xp. So the skins look like poo with the new skinning setup.
Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Skins look identical, regardless of OS.

And no, there won't be a legacy mode or any other change to the skinning engine. It's pretty much final and I have no plans to invest more time into it. In fact, the new color themes provide almost the same flexibility and are much easier to setup for the user.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
October 13, 2010, 16:20:10
Here is an example of the info panel. looks plain and doesn't stand out anymore.

Now

Before
October 13, 2010, 16:25:49
Well, it's supposed to look "plain" as being part of the Window background.

Imho, it looks cleaner than in old versions and there is still a way to assign a skin item to it or use color gradients in non-skinned mode.

BTW: screenshots don't work.

If it's about the individual fields for name, status and UID - there is no way to get them back because the code has been deleted a long time ago.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
October 13, 2010, 16:56:44
That's your right as the coder. I think it was better before. Nothing I do make it look less plain up top. If I could edit my post I could take of the [img] tags.