YesNoOk

Skin problem (Read 3760 times)

Started by Sharpless, July 16, 2006, 12:06:37

Skin problem |
July 16, 2006, 12:06:37
I seem to have a problem with the skinning engine in nicer+. After playing a game in "full-screen mode" my skin looks horrible and I can't hide the clist. When I use "Apply this skin now", the clist goes back to normal behavior and looks as it should.

Good clist:     Bad clist:
Re: Skin problem |
July 16, 2006, 12:12:00
Nobody ever said that skinning already works. Don't use it.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 16, 2006, 12:26:30
So how do I get to reset the clist to something that works? Install a older version?
July 16, 2006, 12:51:18
So how do I get to reset the clist to something that works? Install a older version?

Nope, unload the skin and then you'll most likely have to adjust some settings which were changed by it.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 16, 2006, 12:57:59
And how do I do that without installing an older version?

Problem mostly solved now though, just deleted about everything that looked like it might belong to clist behavior in the database.  :P
July 16, 2006, 13:35:44
And how do I do that without installing an older version?

Well, since you managed somehow to load a skin, you should also be able to unload it, because the button to unload a skin is next to the button which loads a skin :)
__
My SMF-based forum fork
August 22, 2006, 02:46:01
Where can I get any info on when (if ever), the skinning engine will be working?
August 22, 2006, 03:14:21
Where can I get any info on when (if ever), the skinning engine will be working?

It is working fine in the current release. A lot of people are using it and there were already skin releases (like the dream pack). If it doesn't work on your system, its a system specific problem (maybe drivers etc.). The "pink" effect usually means that something destroyed the alpha channel of the cached bitmaps. This happens on some systems when overlays are in use or the 2d bitmap acceleration is enabled in the graphics driver properties (especially on nvidia cards this seems to be buggy). There is currently no fix for this issue in clist_nicer+. So basically, that sums up to: If it works - fine, if not, then sorry.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 15, 2007, 09:34:59
Is there some documentation of skinning Clist_Nicer window? Like with TabSRMM.
November 15, 2007, 14:58:20
Is there some documentation of skinning Clist_Nicer window? Like with TabSRMM.

Basically, it's the same syntax :)

The only difference lies in the item names to use and some other parameters which are special to the contact list.

I plan to release a sample skin together with the next official clist_nicer 0.8 (on the file listing) which should be documented enough to understand how to change or modify it.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
November 15, 2007, 21:27:13
Glad to hear it. Tanks for good news =)