YesNoOk

shut down tabsrmm information balloon (Read 1532 times)

Started by lores, September 04, 2010, 12:42:14

shut down tabsrmm information balloon |
September 04, 2010, 12:42:14
this #$@%&# balloon is really annoying.

I've used tabsrmm since ~0.6 miranda. this is driving me crazy after i updated to 0.9.
*Couldn't find anything by da google or miranda forums
maybe small option in menu will be helpfull. thx
Re: shut down tabsrmm information balloon |
September 04, 2010, 13:05:36
You can't. This information is critical and a balloon tooltip is the least intrusive method to inform the user. Much better than a blocking dialog.

Solution: Avoid the situation in the first place, don't manually select protocols that are offline. Doesn't make sense anyway.

Maybe it will be converted into a dialog with a "don't show again" option, but do not expect that anytime in the near future. TabSRMM 3 is final and there will only be bug fixes, no feature changes.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
September 04, 2010, 13:15:33
thx again (=

Maybe critical, but sometimes this balloon stays on top even when i press alt+tab or start to input message. So i don't see about 50% of input area in tabsrmm or 10% of my desktop. This is really critical (((%

For example, this balloon information pop-uped not because of offline status by jabber, but because contact is just offline at all. Maybe this message was generated somehow by influence of metacontact plugin? i don't know, but it's really strange )=
September 04, 2010, 13:23:20
For example, this balloon information pop-uped not because of offline status by jabber, but because contact is just offline at all. Maybe this message was generated somehow by influence of metacontact plugin? i don't know, but it's really strange )=

Yes, it is ONLY generated when a subcontact of a meta contact is offline and this subcontact's protocol is currently forced for sending messages. That's why you get the warning, because sending a message to the (now offline) subcontact could result in the message being routed to nirvana :)

That's the only case where the message is generated and the reason is to make you aware that there is some problem which could lead to messages getting lost.

Normally, the metacontacts protocol is in autoselect mode, so when a subcontact goes offline it will (or _should_) switch to another subcontact that is online. But there are options to force a specific subcontact for sending and doing so can result in the tooltip warning.

In TabSRMM, you can right-click on the user info tool bar button (the 2nd button from the left - unless you changed the tool bar layout) and you'll get a popup menu for protocol selection. It should be in "auto select" mode.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
September 04, 2010, 17:57:29
It's magic! thx for describing problem!

In TabSRMM, you can right-click on the user info tool bar button (the 2nd button from the left - unless you changed the tool bar layout) and you'll get a popup menu for protocol selection. It should be in "auto select" mode.
This isn't work for me. But when I turn off check on "force to send..." in metacontact option (RMB on contact -> edit metacontact) it's all fell to it place (%

Thx, bro (=