YesNoOk

"Show offline users in here" (Read 2968 times)

Started by Tigerix, February 28, 2007, 17:41:03

"Show offline users in here" |
February 28, 2007, 17:41:03
Hi nightwish,

I am using CList-Nicer+ and TabSRMM, and sometimes I want to send messages to multiple users (e.g. if I find an interessting article in the web).

But I have a problem. I am using a view mode, which hides all my offline contacts. But I would like to send my message also to offline contacts of my group friends. So the quickest way to do that would be a menu entry in the group menu "show offline users in here" for that group.

CList-Nicer+ already has a group context menu entry called: "Hide offline users in here". which works in the opposite way, but which is useless for people who operate in a "Hide offline users" view mode.

So for people who use a "Hide offline users" view mode - this means hard work, because they have to switch the view mode to "Show offline users" and then set every group to "Hide offline users in here" apart from the group where they want to see the offline contacts.

So I think it would be a nice addition to have the flexibility of both ways.
What do you think?

PS:
Another nice usability addition would be to save the state of the "Show/Hide offline contacts" button for each view mode or to save and apply it globally.
Currently I have to press the "Show/Hide offline contacts" button every time I change the view mode. If I hide the offline contacts statically via the view mode, then the "Show/Hide offline contacts" button is not working anymore.
Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 18:04:37 by Tigerix
Re: "Show offline users in here" |
February 28, 2007, 19:11:54
Hide offline users works as a toggle. So no other menu entry is needed.

Besides, the multisend contact list hides offline users by default and this is actually a feature. Multisend to offline contacts is not supported and shouldn't be used at all as it can cause troubles.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 19:14:18 by Nightwish
February 28, 2007, 20:13:43
Hide offline users works as a toggle. So no other menu entry is needed.
I think you missunderstood me.
Yes, it is a toggle, but it only works if "offline" contacts are not hidden (by the clist button or by view mode). Otherwise it is not working. "Show Offline users in here" should display offline contacts even if they are hidden by view mode or hide button.
CList-Modern has this kind of feature (thats where I have the idea from).

Besides, the multisend contact list hides offline users by default and this is actually a feature. Multisend to offline contacts is not supported and shouldn't be used at all as it can cause troubles.
Hmmn. Not here. When I show offline contacts on my clist, then I also see them in the Multisend Clist. Or in other words: The multisend CList shows exactly the same contacts which are Shown on my CList (So if a view mode is active then it shows the contacts of that view mode)

By the way I have found a bug. If I use the "Show/Hide Offline Contacts"  button to hide Offline Contacts then they get hidden (in a view mode which shows offline contacts)  - but: if a contact goes then offline - then it gets diplayed, even if all other offline contacts are hidden.
Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 20:16:03 by Tigerix
February 28, 2007, 20:17:10
By the way I have found a bug. If I use the "Show/Hide Offline Contacts"  button to hide Offline Contacts then they get hidden (in a view mode which shows offline contacts)  - but: if a contact goes then offline - then it gets diplayed, even if all other offline contacts are hidden.

Why should that be a bug? Basically, when a view mode is active, you should not use the show/hide offline feature at all, because the view mode setting overrides everything else. So, not a bug. And no, for performance reasons, I'am not going to change this.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork