YesNoOk

Protocol visibility (Read 2377 times)

Started by Oemmes, June 28, 2006, 18:45:43

Protocol visibility |
June 28, 2006, 18:45:43
I have a little Feature request for the clist:

I use my miranda-profile at work and at home (I take it with me on an usb-stick).

But I have different protocol-plugins installed (e. g. Skype only at home). I want to hide some protocols from the statusbar and the status menu (mTV for example).
So I disable them in the options under "protocols", but everytime an protocol is new or missing (-> Skype), all protocols get visible again. So I always have to switch the visibility-settings.
I don't know, how these settings are saved, but perhaps you can save it according to the protocolname or dll-filename, so I don't loose them anytime.

And one more thing:
The latest StartupStatus-Plugin offers the option to add statusprofile-items to the status-menu. But if I change the visibility of the protocols, the menu will be created new and the profile-items are missing. Might this be fixed in the clist or has StartupStatus to care for this?

Greets
Ömmes
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
Re: Protocol visibility |
June 28, 2006, 18:49:32
But I have different protocol-plugins installed (e. g. Skype only at home). I want to hide some protocols from the statusbar and the status menu (mTV for example).
So I disable them in the options under "protocols", but everytime an protocol is new or missing (-> Skype), all protocols get visible again. So I always have to switch the visibility-settings.
I don't know, how these settings are saved, but perhaps you can save it according to the protocolname or dll-filename, so I don't loose them anytime.

This isn't possible due to the nature of how statusbar ordering works, sorry. Also, I cannot change the format without making it incompatible with other clists.

The latest StartupStatus-Plugin offers the option to add statusprofile-items to the status-menu. But if I change the visibility of the protocols, the menu will be created new and the profile-items are missing. Might this be fixed in the clist or has StartupStatus to care for this?

Probably a bug in StatupStatus. The contact list fires an event after the protocol configuration has changed to rebuild the status menu. Seems that startupstatus does only listen to this event on startup and then never again (maybe, because it unhooks the event after it happened the first time).

Same thing happens with clist_modern, so it appears to be a problem in startupstatus.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 18:53:26 by Nightwish