YesNoOk

Polishing the tabs (Read 1967 times)

Started by tom.342, January 24, 2010, 17:45:44
Polishing the tabs |
January 24, 2010, 17:45:44
Hello,
first of all I wanted to thank you for the development version of TabSRMM 3 – I really like the progress, and that the almost unused features are removed.

I know the UI is most likely work in progress, but I have a little idea about the tabs. In the present, it is sometimes difficult to distinguish which one of the tabs is active…

What about adding an option (for example to the fonts and colors section so it woudn’t be too complicated) to choose color of the active tab? I also think that another color indicating unread tab would be practical…

Thanks for consideration. And if you think it is not a good idea – please just make the active tab more distinct…
__
Sorry for my reports and requests. I appreciate developers' work.
Re: Polishing the tabs |
January 24, 2010, 18:39:21
There won't be options for this, but the overlay graphics used to mark active and/or hovered tabs are not final (they are basically placeholders in the current alpha builds of TabSRMM 3 to have something to work with). This will be improved a bit, probably by using Aero colorization methods. the final result should look very similar to the images you posted here - active or hovered tabs will look much more different from standard tabs and the colorization will match the settings that already exist under Customize->Message Window skin->Window layout tweaks. The tab colors you can set there will be moved to Customize->Fonts and colors

Also, the images used to skin tabs in Aero mode are customizable (or will be in the final TabSRMM 3 version). The images to skin the aero tabs are extracted to your profile and the user can overwrite them with own images. Note that this may not work in the alpha builds, because they use a force-extract method and will always overwrite the images.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
January 25, 2010, 15:42:38
Thanks, editing the image files works very well for the present.
__
Sorry for my reports and requests. I appreciate developers' work.
January 25, 2010, 18:39:29
Thanks, editing the image files works very well for the present.
If you do so, you should backup your modified images to a safe location. It is likely that they get overwritten by a future build.

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork