There are new binaries for testing. They contain a few big changes, so you have been warned
- A new iconset for the buttons, contributed by a well-known member of the community. I'am not going to disclosure the name until I have official permission to do so
- Big smileyadd changes. You absolutely have to use the version provided on this site, otherwise a lot of things won't work. tabSRMM is now much more integrated with smileyadd and provides its own smiley button (which fixes the lost focus problem after inserting a smiley from the list).
Note that this smileyadd version will no longer work with other message plugins (srmm etc..).
- Threaded log streaming can now be disabled. It's enabled by default, but you can turn it off under Options->Message sessions->Messaging. You need to restart miranda after changing this setting.
- Smaller changes - the splitter edges can now be disabled to get a completely "flat" button bar
There are still a few minor issues with the new container modes (especially the "limit tabs to n tabs / container" - the single window mode should work fine.
Anyway, here is the complete changelog.
! message log icons are now forced into 16x16 format
! the message log icon code now only searches the appended text when a new
message arrives which results in much faster operations for logs holding
a huge amount of text.
+ new option to limit the maximum number of tabs per container. This works
only for unassigned contacts (contacts which open in the default container)
and is not available when using the CLIST group container mode (grouping
your contacts according to your clist group configuration and then breaking
them up again wouldn't make sense anyway).
Set the limit to 1 if you want one window per contact.
* changed the EVENTTYPE for the status logging code. This will avoid such events
beeing classified as "SMS" events.
NOTE: if you experience troubles with the log ignoring the color/font settings
for old and new events: This is a result of this change and it will AUTOMATICALLY
go away as soon as there are no more old status change events in the log. So
you could for example limit the number of old events loaded...
There is also a new "NewEventNotify.dll" which you need to install in order to
avoid the "unknown event" popups if you have:
a) status change logging enabled, and
b) enabled the NewEventNotify option to get notifications on "other" events.
* loading the avatar is now using its own thread to avoid a frozen main thread
while loading remote pictures.
+ new option on "message tabs" options page: You can remove the static edges on
the splitter and the line just below the message log to get a completely "flat"
+ new container mode: "Use single window mode". This will create implicit containers
for each session you open. It will completely ignore all container assignments
you have made (they will stay intact though, so you could switch back to
manual or CLIST group mode at any time) and open a single window per contact.
+ added msg log icon for status changes (global "user online" icon.
+ added multithreaded streaming. Now, all streaming is done by a separate thread
which frees the main thread from doing this. This can avoid a "frozen" main
thread and unresponsive ui when large amounts of data need to be streamed into
the message log window.
This is EXPERIMENTAL, it may cause other unexpected problems.
* disabled UNDO functionality in the Rich Edit control (message log). It's not
needed (the control is read-only) and just wastes resources.
+ new icon set for the button bar. Contributed by a member from the Miranda
community. Very nice and colorful icons, the button bar looks a lot better
* more tightly interoperration with smileyadd. tabSRMM now has its own smiley
button. You can also change smiley replacement "on the fly" and do no longer
need to restart miranda. The code will detect if smileyadd is available and
installed. Please DISABLE the button inserted by smileyadd under
Options->Events->Smileys unless you want the button appear twice The new
smiley button also solves the "focus lost" problem, now the input area
regains focus after inserting a smiley.
* button bar icons are now loaded once at plugin startup. There is no need for
each tab having its own copy of the icons, since those icons are static and
never change during the "lifetime" of the plugin.
* its now possible to disable the multithreaded streaming code in case you have
problems. It's enabled by default and you can disable it on Options->Messaging
You NEED TO RESTART miranda if you change this setting.