YesNoOk
  1. Welcome!
    EosAlpha BBS is a fork of the popular Simple Machines Forum software. We aim at creating a new forum software, adding several new features and a modern and fresh design on top of the existing SMF code base.

This software is currently in an early stage of development and this forum acts primarily as a testing platform for the ongoing development.

Feel free to look around to get an idea about how it feels and looks.

Bug minor things (Read 16178 times)

Started by Valodim, July 27, 2012, 11:26:30

Share this topic:
Re: minor things |
January 24, 2013, 14:41:56
Been busy for the last couple of weeks, so there wasn't much activity.

I merged https://github.com/silvercircle/SMF/pull/7 which was open for about 5 months now - no idea why, never seen it and never got a notification for this pull request which seems strange, but github sometimes does act a bit weird. It's now merged with the member cards stuff being the biggest change.

Also. smarty was updated to the latest version that includes at least one important bugfix.

Plus, some other minor fixes. Compiled templates are now purged after changing certain theme settings, and the location for compiled themes is now "per theme" (e.g. $FORUMHOME/template_cache/theme_1/ is now the location for compiled templates for the theme with the id 1).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 18, 2013, 23:58:24
hey there. just wanted to send a keepalive. I'm also quite busy with uni stuff at the moment, but still around  :P

we had a couple of minor bugs which I quickfixed in the meantime. I'll send patches at some point when I have some time :)
February 19, 2013, 07:07:15
Just another note about templates.

There is now a new maintenance option in the admin panel (Forum Maintenance -> Routine -> Clean all compiled templates). It will do like instructed and purge the entire cache of compiled templates. In some cases, smarty may fail to properly track all the dependencies and may use already compiled templates, instead of re-compiling them when the source file has been changed.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork