YesNoOk

Minimize to Tray... Again (Read 2267 times)

Started by Cirunz, August 05, 2009, 12:46:04

Minimize to Tray... Again |
August 05, 2009, 12:46:04
Ok I've read this, but I'm somewhat confused: ok minimizing to tray and Hiding is similar, but the beahviour is not actually identical:

I've always found usefull the "minimize to tray" function 'cause I'm working in a crowled environment and I want privacy on my chats. So I set it to not show nothing but a slightly different icon on the tray icon when e new message come.
This way I keep containers hidden and open theme only when there's no people around or at least not the wrong one.

Now I understand that the two functionality are almoust identical so "minimize to tray" is not returning, and approve it, but is possible in the next releases to make "Hidden Container" work exactly the some way? The only two things needed are:
1) In Options->Message Sessions->Tabs and layout, another option similar to "ESC closes whole..." doing something like "ESC hide whole container" that do the effect of "Close button only hides message container" but with ESC key.
2) An options to set tabsrmm to NOT show the container if a contact send a message.

If not, there is a plugin or mod that do something like this?

Thank's
Re: Minimize to Tray... Again |
August 05, 2009, 13:06:49
There are currently no plans to change this feature nor to add any more options.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
August 05, 2009, 13:51:12
So it's a "You lose!" for me XD

But if so what use may be in options like "super quiet" and "disable all notification"? I thought they are there for discretion, but it worth nothing if a single message bring the whole interface to foreground...

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer.
August 31, 2009, 11:22:55
Ok problem solved with Scriver :)
August 31, 2009, 14:52:26
Ok problem solved with Scriver :)
Glad to hear :)

That's why there is so much choice in the open source world.

BTW: these features behave exactly the same way in tabsrmm and scriver :) Windows will not pop up (not even on the taskbar), when the auto-creation feature is disabled. The options have just different names.

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
September 01, 2009, 11:51:56
Glad to hear :)

That's why there is so much choice in the open source world.

BTW: these features behave exactly the same way in tabsrmm and scriver :) Windows will not pop up (not even on the taskbar), when the auto-creation feature is disabled. The options have just different names.

Don't know why but it keep pop-upping, maybe 'cause I use Miranda Portable, so I'll keep an eye for future releases and I'll retry with theme, thank you :)
November 26, 2009, 11:07:49
I dont know if anything has changed in the latest build, but i cannot find the option for the ESC-key anymore, not in the Message Sessions-settings, nor among the hotkeys.

Is it not possible to close a session with the escape-key anymore? Or am i blind? :)
__
You're only paranoid if you are wrong
November 26, 2009, 11:14:12
Sorry, just found it.

The option was apparently moved from the "advanced" to the "simple" options (i never look there normaly).
I had to uncheck the "Esc closes session (minimizes window, if disabled)" for it to work as i wanted.

The setting seems to be reversed.
__
You're only paranoid if you are wrong