YesNoOk

Metacontact - subcontact icon not used (generic one used instead) (Read 2643 times)

Started by fatsoft, July 22, 2010, 11:40:26
Metacontact - subcontact icon not used (generic one used instead) |
July 22, 2010, 11:40:26
Hi there,

For metacontact icons on the tabs in the TabSRMM window, the default (generic) protocol icons are used instead of the actual subcontact protocol icons, as seen in the following screenshot:

Is there any setting I am missing or could this be fixed, pretty please? :)

Thanks a lot!
Pete
Re: Metacontact - subcontact icon not used (generic one used instead) |
July 22, 2010, 14:44:44
There is no setting for this, TabSRMM, by default, uses the subcontact protocol icons for everything.

Works for me and if it does not, then it's probably a settings problem. The metacontact protocol should be hidden from the contact list status bar and options like "use subcontact message windows" should be disabled.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 22, 2010, 20:00:23
Hi Nightwish, thanks for your reply. It's very strange that it works for you... I have just checked with a fresh installation of the latest Miranda 0.9.0 beta 1:
-- installed metacontacts.dll version 0.14.0.13
-- created a fresh profile
-- created two accounts (Google Talk, Facebook Chat), changed icons for Facebook
-- converted one GTalk contact to a metacontact and added one fb contact to it
-- when I open a chat window for this contact, TabSRMM always shows default protocol icon no matter what subcontact is active (ie, same as in my original post)

Could you please check what version of metacontacts are you using?

Funnily enough it works correctly with the Scriver plugin (which is the default one in Miranda now).

Also, I have confirmed that if I go back to tabsrmm.dll version 3.0.0.3 (from Miranda 0.9.0 alpha 2), it correctly displays subcontact icons. If I use next newer version I have, 3.0.0.11 (from alpha 3), I get default icons again...

Any ideas? I would love to have my nice subcontact icons back on your excellent TabSRMM. It would be great if you could quickly perform a test similar to mine - that way you would be able to see what's happening. I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers
Pete
July 22, 2010, 20:26:50
Try it without Facebook account. I don't use fb protocol, so maybe that's the difference.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 22, 2010, 20:49:09
It wasn't a facebook protocol. It was actually just two Jabber (XMPP) accounts - one hooked to gmail.com and the other one to chat.facebook.com...

OK, I tried without it anyway. This time used one Jabber and one ICQ account. Here are the results with latest tabsrmm.dll (3.0.0.39 from 0.9.0 beta 1) on the left and old tabsrmm.dll (3.0.0.3 from alpha 2) on the right:

First two contacts are standard Jabber and ICQ contacts, the third one (Minatko) is a metacontact.

I would be really grateful if you could help me get to the bottom of it :)
July 23, 2010, 14:57:23
Try:

Right click the 2nd (from the left) icon on the tool bar. If the contact is recognized as a metacontact, you should get the protocol selection menu which should list all sub protocols for the contact.

If not:

* close all message windows

* From the Mim main menu select the option to toggle MetaContacts Off and then On again.

* Re-open the contact and check again...

Seems there is a bug in Metacontacts where it does not create the "Enabled" setting in the database when using a fresh profile. You need to toggle it at least once to trigger this setting and because TabSRMM reads this setting to determine MetaContact's enabled state, this is most likely causing the issue.

I can probably fix this for a future build, but in the current version, it doesn't work (and older versions of TabSRMM completely ignored the enabled state, which is also wrong).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 15:18:42 by Nightwish
July 23, 2010, 15:39:25
Thanks for your patience.

If I click the SECOND button (the one that looks like a business card with a photo), there is no menu. This is what I get (again, version 3.0.0.39 on the left, 3.0.0.3 on the right):

In this case, the old plugin shows subcontact (ICQ) details; the new one just shows metacontact details (also, when I hover the mouse over the button, I get UID: 0 instead of ICQ UIN)

If I click the FIRST one, I get this:

In this case, both plugins show exactly the same menu with the list of subcontacts.

I don't mind performing more tests as long as you're willing to help. I was just thinking it might be quicker if you quickly set up a similar fresh installation of latest Miranda with just two different networks, merge two contacts from the two networks into a metacontact and see for yourself. But it's just a suggestion, I don't mind to be annoying, I'm grateful for any help you can provide :)

Cheers!
Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 15:41:20 by fatsoft
July 23, 2010, 15:56:15
If there is no menu, the contact is not recognized as metacontact.

What about the 2nd suggestion? Toggle MetaContacts Off and On from the main menu?
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 23, 2010, 16:06:16
Aaaah - I was so busy obsessing with creating perfect screenshots that I completely missed your second suggestion! ... ;)

Anyway, toggling metacontacts off and back on fixed the issue :)

Thanks so much!