YesNoOk

meta2 support? (Read 2563 times)

Started by FREAK_THEMIGHTY, March 15, 2008, 08:36:36

meta2 support? |
March 15, 2008, 08:36:36
Re: meta2 support? |
March 15, 2008, 12:44:03
No idea, didn't try this plugin and don't plan to do so for the next weeks or months. Very low on time, sorry.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 12, 2010, 12:10:16
Could this be considered for tabsrmm 3 ?
May 12, 2010, 12:16:53
Well..

1) This plugin doesn't seem to be widely in use

2) It exports the exactly same API, so TabSRMM has no way to tell which Metaprotocol is in use and if the service to force a subcontact for sending doesn't work, then there is no way to change this (at least not in TabSRMM).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
May 12, 2010, 12:21:44
Can you try to use the following service instead of hardcoded "MetaContacts" please?

m_metacontacts.h said:
// method to get protocol name - used to be sure you're dealing with a "real" metacontacts plugin :)
// wParam=lParam=0
#define MS_MC_GETPROTOCOLNAME            "MetaContacts/GetProtoName"

At least, it works in other plugins that way

The services seems to be compatible, just the protocol name is different
Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:26:36 by FREAK_THEMIGHTY
May 12, 2010, 12:54:32
TabSRMM is already doing this for a long time (see globals.cpp).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
May 12, 2010, 13:25:09
Oh okay.. I will test it again with meta, the last time I tested it the selection menu didnt work, but maybe you changed that :)
May 12, 2010, 13:46:27
If it still doesn't work, then it's either the API that behaves differently or the fact that Meta2 apparently needs a core patch to fully work. At least, there is one in Meta2 SVN and I do not believe it has been merged.

https://server.scottellis.com.au/svn/mim_plugs/meta2/miranda-svn.patch

(this won't apply to current Miranda code anyway as it's very old, probably 0.7 code base).
__
My SMF-based forum fork