YesNoOk

message war readed ICON behavior (Read 4528 times)

Started by nomercy036, January 26, 2011, 09:30:48

Share this topic:
New #1
message war readed ICON behavior |
January 26, 2011, 09:30:48
Hello *!
Today I've upgraded miranda to the 0.9.15 + tabsmm v3 and I did find one not-good thingie.

what was before upgrade: when I was receiving the new message - the icon on title in task list/the icon on title of message window itself was turning to YELLOW (new message indicator), then -  when I did focus to that message - yellow icon turned to original green ICQ icon - everywhere (in task list, in title of message window).

now (not-good), after upgrade to tabsrmm v3: these icons are ALWAYS yellow (new message indicator), even I focused this message and read it - thus I'm getting confused - did I read this NEW message already or was it sent a second ago to me or something else.

Please, tell me, how to fix this stuff and return to 'old' mode - new message icons are yellow, 'old' (that has been been read) message icons are green (default ICQ icon).

Thanks in advance!

-t
1 Like It 
Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 14:37:18 by Nightwish
New #2
Re: message war readed ICON behavior |
January 26, 2011, 14:14:51
No idea what you are talking about, but the icons are customizable anyway. You can set whatever icon you want.

There were quite a lot of artwork changes in Miranda 0.9 and TabSRMM 3, so you'll have to live with the new icons or install the old ones.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 15:27:17 by Nightwish
January 26, 2011, 16:39:52
Nightwish: Look here:

1) is the messages window icon
2) is icon of user to whom I am talking now
3) is text of _mine_ I've sent to that user
4) is the icon in taskbar.

The problem, as I described before, is here - BEFORE: (4) is appearing when NEW message arrived but WASN'T read yet. The same YELLOW (new message) is hanging in task switch (alt_TAB). As soon I take focus on that window/did read the message - this yellow icon (4) is switching to green icon (2). The same stuff with (1) - changing with icon (2).

but.. with this NEW version the _behavior_ is not the same as BEFORE - no matter new message came or not there are NO changes and this (especially (4)) is much confusing me - I am thinking this is NEW message arrived but it is not...

How to fix this icons behavior, tell me please ?

-t

ps. I've tried to change this (1) icon to (2) manually in settings but then I don't see new messages showing in the traybar... heck.
1 Like It 
Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 23:40:16 by nomercy036
New #4
January 26, 2011, 23:13:38
There is nothing to fix. Everything is working like before, except that the static container icon is no longer supported (maybe you are referring to this feature - it has been removed). The "main window icon" is now ALWAYS the status icon and you cannot change this.

Your screenshot doesn't tell anything useful.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 15:27:09 by Nightwish
January 27, 2011, 01:32:27
The problem is not in the static container icon but in behavior of message window.

When it is NOT focused and NEW MESSAGE ARRIVED - it shows this yellow sign as (1) and (4), then if I focus on this window - yellow sign (1)/(4) changes to normal ICQ green rose (2) - it's like OLD version of tabsrmm did..

Now it shows yellow sign (1) and (4) no matter of new/old messages in the message window. Understand?:)

And (3) on picture is to show that _my_ text was last on the conversation, thus there were NO new message from opposite user, still we see (1) and (4) sings are YELLOW (in prev. version it mean that NEW MESSAGE ARRIVED exactly).

So, the Q's is again - how to turn this new stuff into old behavior ?

I'd like to see (2) green rose on the message window when I _did_ read it's NEW message already.

Man, I'm slightly away from my appts, so when I'll get in there - I'll grab some video to show what I mean - just don't know how to make it easier to understand to you...

-t
ps. it IS possible to change (1) and (4) signs to green rose by my hands but if I'll do that - yellow NEW MESSAGE sign will be replaced EVERYWHERE - even in tray icon of main menu.. I don't need it.
Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:40:26 by nomercy036
New #6
January 27, 2011, 01:39:42
The problem is not in the static container icon but in behavior of message window.

There is no problem.
Now it shows yellow sign (1) and (4) no matter of new/old messages in the message window. Understand?:)

No, i don't understand. You are probably doing something wrong.

The message notification icon goes away when you focus the window. Checked and verified a 1000 times. Also, don't you think, others would already have reported such a serious bug earlier? But nobody did.

It's most likely a installation/configuration error on your side. Or maybe an old and incompatible plugin. Since you are using an apparently old icon pack, I advise upgrading to the official icon pack released with tabsrmm3. The yellow message icon seen on your screenshot is definitely not part of the official icon pack. Same goes for protocol icons, use the supported icon packs that come with Miranda 0.9.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 10:03:20 by Nightwish