YesNoOk

make it look like srmm? (Read 1529 times)

Started by Lem0nHead, September 27, 2009, 20:10:03

make it look like srmm? |
September 27, 2009, 20:10:03
ok, so that may not be very clever, but I like tabsrmm only because of the tabs... I actually like the srmm display options (probably because I'm used to it, and I like simple things)
isn't there an easy way to make tabsrmm display looks the same as srmm? I got to make it pretty similar using ieview+css, although it doesn't indent properly

I'd rather the srmm richedit also, where Ctrl-left would go to the previous space, not previous non-letter... but I can live with that :)
Re: make it look like srmm? |
September 27, 2009, 21:33:58
ok, so that may not be very clever, but I like tabsrmm only because of the tabs... I actually like the srmm display options (probably because I'm used to it, and I like simple things)

Well, not 100% the same, but with some effort, you could come pretty close.

You will have to:

a) edit the message templates for a more simple layout.
b) edit colors, fonts etc.
c) adjust message log settings to remove the advanced formatting things like indentation, multiple background colors, grid lines and so on.
d) Adjust the UI. Things like tool bar, menu bar can be disabled. The toolbar can be placed at the bottom (not at the top though) and it is also possible to configure which buttons will be visible. So a minimalistic, SRMM-style look is possible.

I'd rather the srmm richedit also, where Ctrl-left would go to the previous space, not previous non-letter... but I can live with that :)

SRMM doesn't use a richtedit for the input area (tt's a normal edit control). That's why there are slight differences in edit behavior.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork