YesNoOk

List of shortcut keys (Read 22215 times)

Started by , February 26, 2005, 22:46:39

List of shortcut keys |
February 26, 2005, 22:46:39
Sorry if this was discussed somewhere else before (a search for "shortcut" didn't yield any useful result, neither did readingTFM), but do we have somewhere a list of shortcut keys?
As I said, refer me to it if it exists somewhere, otherwise...
Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 22:43:36 by Nightwish
Shortcut keys? |
February 27, 2005, 10:05:35
Ctrl + Shift: Swich tab.
Esc: Close session (in enabled in options) <-- Maybe only in "Single Mode", don't know.
Shortcut keys? |
February 27, 2005, 12:04:49
  • CTRL-O while the input area has the focus -> Invoke the container options dialog.
  • ALT-E -> Bring up the smiley selection window.
  • ALT-T -> Toggle the toolbar.
  • CTRL-P -> Invoke the Protocol Menu (works with and without the toolbar visible).
  • CTRL-T -> Toggle the menubar in the current container.
  • CTRL-Arrow Up or CTRL-Arrow Down -> Scroll through the stored messages quickly.
  • ALT-H -> Bring up the history window.
  • CTRL-U / CTRL-I / CTRL-B -> formatting.
  • SHIFT-RETURN -> Another shortcut for sending a message (if the option "send on shift enter is enable", otherwise it inserts a soft line feed).
  • CTRL-W -> Close the active tab.
  • CTRL-F4 -> Close active tab.
  • ESC -> Minimize container / Close current tab if enabled in the Options.
  • CTRL-S -> Activate the send menu
  • CTRL-P -> Activate the protocol menu
  • F12 -> Toggles "freeze message log updates". When enabled, all updates to the message log are frozen until you disable it again. That means, new messages are NOT sent to the message log. However, these messages are not lost, they are internally queued and will be written to the message log when you unfreeze it.
  • CTRL-M -> Insert Math tags to the input area if Math Module plugin is installed
  • ALT-I -> Quick show / hide the info panel
  • ALT-B -> Toggle BiDi option (switch between RTL and LTR)
  • ALT-NumPad *->Focus input area
  • ALT-NumPad / ->Focus message history log
  • ALT-M -> Activate multisend mode (and set the focus to the multisend contact list)
  • CTRL-D -> Paste and Send, pastes the current contents of the clipboard to the message input area and immediately sends the message. Needs to be enabled under Miranda IM Options->Message Sessions->Message Window->General->Sending Messages
  • Message log scrolling hotkeys:
  • CTRL-ALT-HOME -> Scroll to top of log.
  • CTRL-ALT-END -> Scroll to bottom of log
  • CTRL-L -> Clear log.
  • If enabled in the Options (works while the input area has the focus):
  • CTRL-ALT-Arrow UP -> Scroll up the log.
  • CTRL-ALT-Arrow-Down -> Scroll down the log.
  • CTRL-ALT-PageDown -> Scroll down the log faster.
  • CTRL-ALT-PageUp -> Scroll up the log fastr.
  • Tab switching:
  • ALT-LEFT and ALT-RIGHT -> Easy tab switching (only works with left ALT).
  • CTRL-PageUp and CTRL-PageDown-> Easy tab switching.
  • ALT-1 to ALT-0 -> Select the corresponding tab ("mIRC style" tab selection hotkeys) . ALT-1 will select the leftmost (first) tab, and ALT-0 the rightmost (last) tab. Maybe confusing if you have more tabs than actually fit on a single row.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-TAB -> Select the previous tab.
  • CTRL-TAB -> Select the next tab.
  • CTRL-U -> Activate the first tab with unread messages (flashing icon).
  • CTRL-R -> Activate the tab with the most recent unread event.
  • CTRL-SHIFT-U and CTRL-SHIFT-R -> Global search hotkeys. They are working exactly like CTRL-U/CTRL-R, except that they search all open containers for unread events.
    If, for some reason, you cannot use those hotkey, because another application needs the keyboard shortcuts, you can configure the modifier keys under Options->Message Sessions->message Window->Tabs and layout.
    Available choices are: CTRL-SHIFT (default) / CTRL-ALT / SHIFT-ALT.
  • ALT-NumPad + and and ALT-NumPad - -> Cycle tabs
  • Move the Mousewheel while the Pointer is over the Tab Bar Area -> Switch tabs
  • Multimedia Keys "Browser backward"/"Browser forward" -> Switch to the previous/next tab. This should work with all properly configured multimedia keyboards and most mice featuring extended button mapping. NOTE: requires Windows 2000 or later. *new in 0.9.9.96*
  • Mouse related:
  • Clicking on the usermenu button (second button from the left) while holding the SHIFT key -> Fast copy the UIN to the clipboard
  • Double-clicking the empty space on the button bar -> Minimize the container.
  • Double-clicking the empty space on the button bar while holding CTRL (or right ALT) -> Close the container.
  • Double-clicking the empty space on the button bar while holding down SHIFT -> Toggle the titlebar.
  • Double-clicking a tab in the Tab Bar -> Close the tab
  • Middle-Mouse-Button-click a tab in the Tab Bar -> Close the tab
  • Releasing the left mouse button when text is selected in the log -> Copy the selected text to the clipboard instantly (needs to be enabled in Miranda IM Options->Message Sessions->Message Window->Message log)
  • Releasing the left mouse button when text is selected in the log and while holding the CTRL key -> Insert the selected text to the message input area (plain text) at the current cursor position (may replace any selection in the input area).
  • Releasing the left mouse button when text is selected in the log and while holding the CTRL key and the ALT key -> Insert the selected text to the message input area (formatted text) at the current cursor position (may replace any selection in the input area).
  • Hovering the Status Field in the Info Panel -> Retrieve the status message for that contact and show it using a tooltip. Away msg retrieval is limited to once per minute to avoid abuse by flooding the contact with awaymsg requests. The little checkbox between the avatar and the status field can be used to disable that feature (to avoid "accidentally" retrieving the status msg)
  • Hovering the Nickname Field in the Info Panel -> Explain the extended status in plain text (if that contact has one) using a tooltip (ICQ only)
  • Holding the SHIFT key while clicking the Sound Toggle Switch on the Status Bar -> Apply the current state to all *open* containers
The rest from Nightwish's post (to make this post complete;) )
  • ALT-D -> User details
  • ALT-U -> User menu
  • ALT-Q -> Quote (doesn't work with IEView yet)
  • ALT-S -> Send message
  • ALT-P -> Avatar menu
edit by nightwish:
I would like to add a few things here:

The "ALT" hotkeys are now translateable via the language pack. The translation strings can be found at the very end of the template
Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 21:14:09 by Nightwish
Shortcut keys? |
February 27, 2005, 17:51:56
Ok people, thank you all very much... That's about all, isn't it?
Shortcut keys? |
February 27, 2005, 17:57:21
"EyeCon" said:
Ok people, thank you all very much... That's about all, isn't it?
Yes, it's almost complete.

Of course, the standard SRMM hotkeys are still present (well, most of them).

Alt-H -> history
Alt-D -> user details
Alt-U -> user menu
Alt-Q -> quote (doesn't work with IEView yet)
Alt-S -> send message
Alt-P -> Avatar menu

As for the marked words in the original posting:
Ctrl-B/I/U work as "toggles" (that was a bit buggy in one of the recent releases).
Alt-Arrow for switching tabs work with left alt only. This is correct. Some hotkeys are not "normal" accelerator keys, but are generating by subclassing the input area box.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Shortcut keys? |
February 27, 2005, 18:06:41
Thank you very much.
To all involved in development, esp. Nightwish: great work, this is the most important plugin in my repository!
Re: List of shortcut keys |
March 14, 2005, 00:50:24
all of those shortcuts are ok but i don't know why "alt" hotkeys (alt-e alt-t etc) are not working for me. when i use one i only loose focus from typing box. what's wrong, maybe i've missed something?

Code:
Miranda IM - VersionInformation plugin by Hrk (hrk@users.sourceforge.net)
Miranda's homepage: http://miranda-icq.sourceforge.net/
Miranda tools: http://miranda-im.orgdownload/

Report generated on: 01:46:00 of 14/03/2005 (day/month/year)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP [ver: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2]
Installed RAM: 256 MBytes
Free disk space on Miranda partition: 52 MBytes
Miranda IM version: 0.4 alpha
Build time: 17:04:21 of 03/03/2005 (day/month/year)
Nightly: Yes

Active Plugins:
autoreplacer.dll, ver: 0.0.1.1
buddyexpectator.dll, ver: 0.0.0.2
buddypounce.dll, ver: 0.3.1.1
changeinfo.dll, ver: 0.3.2.0
chat.dll, ver: 0.2.0.2
clist_meta_mw.dll, ver: 0.0.2.12
crashrpt.dll, ver: 0.0.0.1
dbeditorpp.dll, ver: 2.5.0.1
dbx_3x.dll, ver: 0.3.4.1
emailexpress.dll, ver: 0.0.1.8
extendedidle.dll, ver: 0.1.0.0
findamsg.dll, ver: 0.2.1.0
gg.dll, ver: 0.0.2.7
historypp.dll, ver: 1.5.0.79
httpserver.dll, ver: 0.1.1.3
icq.dll, ver: 0.3.4.4
ieview.dll, ver: 1.0.1.9
irc.dll, ver: 0.5.0.3
jabber.dll, ver: 0.2.0.1
keepstatus.dll, ver: 0.0.1.0
mbirthday.dll, ver: 0.0.0.6
mcontacts.dll, ver: 0.0.1.1
menuex.dll, ver: 1.2.1.0
metacontacts.dll, ver: 0.9.2.2
mipper.dll, ver: 0.0.1.20
mphantomgg.dll, ver: 0.0.0.5
mphantomuser.dll, ver: 0.3.4.0
mpopupbtn.dll, ver: 0.0.0.1
msgsound.dll, ver: 0.1.0.3
msms.dll, ver: 0.0.6.3
mstatus.dll, ver: 0.0.1.7
mtooltip.dll, ver: 0.0.1.5
mtv.dll, ver: 0.0.1.9
net_send_protocol.dll, ver: 0.0.3.6
netaccessnotify.dll, ver: 2.5.0.0
neweventnotify.dll, ver: 0.0.4.1
personalizedsoundplugin.dll, ver: 0.5.1.0
popup.dll, ver: 2.0.3.8
receivedfilesfolders.dll, ver: 0.1.1.0
resumesuspend.dll, ver: 0.0.0.1
seenplugin.dll, ver: 5.0.1.1
sendss.dll, ver: 0.1.1.0
shlext.dll, ver: 1.0.6.6
simpleaway.dll, ver: 0.0.0.4
smtpsimple.dll, ver: 0.0.2.1
speak.dll, ver: 0.9.7.0
start_position.dll, ver: 0.0.3.3
statuschange.dll, ver: 0.1.0.0
tabsrmm.dll, ver: 0.9.9.8
toptoolbar.dll, ver: 0.6.0.11
tweakmiranda.dll, ver: 1.0.0.1
typingnotify.dll, ver: 0.0.1.6
versioninfo.dll, ver: 1.0.1.4
weather.dll, ver: 0.3.4.4
webpager.dll, ver: 0.0.0.6
winampnotify.dll, ver: 1.7.3.0
yamn.dll, ver: 0.2.4.5
yarelay.dll, ver: 0.0.0.3

Inactive Plugins:
import.dll, ver: 0.9.2.2
mbot.dll, ver: 0.0.1.9
mhotkey.dll, ver: 0.0.0.2
mirandarpc.dll, ver: 0.0.0.0
msn.dll, ver: 0.1.7.10
scriver.dll, ver: 2.2.1.1
srmm.dll, ver: 2.0.0.0
tabsrmm_mod.dll, ver: 0.9.9.8
tabsrmm_unicode.dll, ver: 0.9.9.8
Yahoo.dll, ver: 0.3.0.1

End of report.
If you are going to use this report to submit a bug, remember to check the website for questions or help the developers may need.
If you don't check your bug and give help, it will not be fixed!
March 14, 2005, 01:04:38
all of those shortcuts are ok but i don't know why "alt" hotkeys (alt-e alt-t etc) are not working for me. when i use one i only loose focus from typing box. what's wrong, maybe i've missed something?
ALT hotkeys are keyboard-layout dependant. That's why I've made them translateable via the language pack.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
March 14, 2005, 01:28:24
ALT hotkeys are keyboard-layout dependant. That's why I've made them translateable via the language pack.

ok, i've red readme... but, what should i write in langpack?
iv'e included this:
[tb_&ToggleTB]
&T
i'm using polish layout, it's latin keyboard i think ;) only right alt makes special characters, left alt works fine in every other program, even tabsrmm menu shortcuts works. meybe it's not problem of tabsrmm? meybe i should change some settings that i've missed?
March 14, 2005, 22:35:59
ok, i've red readme... but, what should i write in langpack?
iv'e included this:
[tb_&ToggleTB]
&T
i'm using polish layout, it's latin keyboard i think ;) only right alt makes special characters, left alt works fine in every other program, even tabsrmm menu shortcuts works. meybe it's not problem of tabsrmm? meybe i should change some settings that i've missed?
Hm, if you're using a latin keyboard, then no translation should be necessary at all. The Alt- hotkeys are already setup for a latin keyboard - Alt-T works fine here and so do all others.

You may try translations using non-capizalized accelerator keys.

I remember a pretty strange issue with the old "Alt-S" shortcut for sending a message. It wasn't working for some people, until they changed their translation for it. Unfortunatly, I don't remember exactly what was wrong back then. It was before I opened this forum, and the whole issue was discussed in the old tabSRMM thread on mirandas main forum (which is now also gone, because of the forum hack and upgrade).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 22:38:19 by Nightwish
March 14, 2005, 22:41:14
i bet Angeli-Ka remembers
March 15, 2005, 19:50:36
IT'S OK!
checked all running processes and found that freeshade.exe is problematic. this application adds shade function to windows. i have to turn it off...
Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 22:08:27 by si
April 28, 2005, 22:59:07
What happened to the Alt+1, Alt+2 ... Alt+0 hotkeys (mIRC style)?
I noticed they aren't working for some time but I didn't post it because I was using the Alt+left/right.
Now, since these hotkeys are disabled, I tried the others without success :-\

edit: typos :eek:
__
;D Sorry for my English ;D
Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 00:16:22 by Koki.v3
April 29, 2005, 08:08:08
What happened to the Alt+1, Alt+2 ... Alt+0 hotkeys (mIRC style)?
I noticed they aren't working for some time but I didn't post it because I was using the Alt+left/right.
Now, since these hotkeys are disabled, I tried the others without success :-\

try the left ALT key (the right one only works for me when my keyboard layout is set to English) while the typing area has the focus.
Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 08:17:20 by PROGAME
April 29, 2005, 10:31:29
Or if you're running a newer version than 0.9.9.94 try Ctrl + PageUp/PageDown
April 29, 2005, 23:42:47
try the left ALT key (the right one only works for me when my keyboard layout is set to English) while the typing area has the focus.
Of course I tried... It simply doesn't work.

Or if you're running a newer version than 0.9.9.94 try Ctrl + PageUp/PageDown
I know about this... actually it was me who brougt up the problem about the Alt+navigation keys corruping the first character.

edit: Now I tried switching to english layout and it works... with my czech layout it's impossible to use these hotkeys. I guess there is nothing I (or Nightwish) can do about it :-\
I'll have to get used to those Ctrl+PgUp/PgDn hotkeys after all :)
__
;D Sorry for my English ;D
Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 23:49:39 by Koki.v3
Re: Shortcut keys? |
June 28, 2005, 23:22:10
  • CTRL-U / CTRL-I / CTRL-B -> formatting.
  • CTRL-U -> Activate the first tab with unread messages (flashing icon).
Collision ... CTRL + U doesn't activate the first tab anymore.
global hotkey CTRL + SHIFT (CTRL + ALT, ALT + SHIFT) + U doesn't work as well, or at least not for me.

I think it's safe to delete that huge post with versioninfo in it and maybe some other posts as well :)
June 28, 2005, 23:53:10
Collision ... CTRL + U doesn't activate the first tab anymore.
global hotkey CTRL + SHIFT (CTRL + ALT, ALT + SHIFT) + U doesn't work as well, or at least not for me.

hmm yes that doesn't seem right :)
maybe it depends where the focus is?
but testing something which requires a flashing tab is a pain :)
I'll wait for Nightwish to clarify this before editing anything

this list has gotten so huge :D
July 25, 2005, 08:26:08
Hello everybody,

I have a question.

I had a permanent problem with a "lost focus" on input area  :-\ . looks like it is because of popup plugin but i'm not sure. anyway i was trying to use alt+numpad * and alt+numpad / hotkeys - but they aren't working :( (everything else is working ok - alt+t, alt+i etc)

Does anybody else had this problem and is there any solutions?
October 01, 2006, 20:35:39
The only hotkey that works for me is ctrl+tab.  Any idea what's going on?
October 10, 2006, 22:36:40
Anyone?  Please?  This is pretty annoying.
October 17, 2006, 22:21:20
Does anyone even read this thread anymore??
October 17, 2006, 22:59:27
__
Read, search, and learn.
October 17, 2006, 23:06:52
Does anyone even read this thread anymore??

A lot of people, most likely. But since hotkeys are working perfectly ok and there are no known bugs with them, it seems that nobody can reproduce the problem you are seeing.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
October 17, 2006, 23:13:12
Well could someone at least give me a couple of things I could try that might fix the problem?