YesNoOk

Incorrect font setting after layout change (Read 1821 times)

Started by EagleXK, April 27, 2008, 21:20:45

Incorrect font setting after layout change |
April 27, 2008, 21:20:45
When I switch the keyboard layout the font switches form one set in "Font and colors" settings to some other. How to duplicate: just add Russian keyboard layoyt and start typing something in English, then switch to Russian and start typing - the font will change. Next layout change will not restore font. Now you'll have also troubles with correct cursor positioning if you will try to change some text typed before... It's very annoying bug, it will not disappear even if you'll change all fonts in settings to something like Courrier New... :'(
I hope this will be fixed soon...

P.S. Last tested version: TabSRMM 2.1.0.1 unicode
Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 21:22:20 by EagleXK
Re: Incorrect font setting after layout change |
April 27, 2008, 21:56:24
Nope, it won't be fixed, because this isn't a bug.

It's a richedit feature - the text control will automatically select the proper font. If it changes it means that some of your fonts are not able to display all required characters.

With normal unicode fonts, the problem does not appear (just tested it - see screenshot, after multiple layout changes, the fonts are still ok).

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 22:01:04 by Nightwish
April 27, 2008, 22:04:23
Thanks for reply. Can you tell me at least one example of normal unicode fonts please? I will be very grateful! :)
April 27, 2008, 22:17:07
Thanks for reply. Can you tell me at least one example of normal unicode fonts please? I will be very grateful! :)

I'am using tahoma, verdana, even Arial - they are all working.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 28, 2008, 21:31:47
It's the same as I told... but I also think that it's a RichMemo "feature". Anyway thank you.