YesNoOk

Incorrect display tabs when switch bar mode compact layout (Read 2205 times)

Started by NightFox, March 19, 2010, 17:15:47

Incorrect display tabs when switch bar mode compact layout |
March 19, 2010, 17:15:47
If I turn on the switch bar mode compact layout, then the tabs appear as buttons from the toolbar. Can you take an image of the tabs, not buttons? This is looks defective when the skin used.
Re: Incorrect display tabs when switch bar mode compact layout |
March 19, 2010, 20:16:43
Switchbar items are not tabs but buttons, that's why they use button images and behave like buttons. If it looks "defective", then it is probably a problem in the skin itself.

P.S. skinning support should be seen as deprecated. In future versions, I'll concentrate on the native UI (Aero, visual styles) only.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 20:47:53 by Nightwish
July 05, 2010, 18:13:03
Here, compare:

and

Skin is made up right, but using side bar it displays wrong.
1. Why do you take graphic using sidebar for tabs from buttons, and not from tabs?
2. Why is the color of pointed tabs at sidebar suddenly being taken from "unread tab"?
3. How to set background for sidebar in the skin?

Also using Aero and sidebar, side bar background is kinda unsightly, maybe it's better to use style like in the gadgets window, for example?

July 05, 2010, 18:49:59
Sidebar is using buttons, because they are buttons, not tabs. This will not change, because tabs will look ugly (most skins design tabs to be either on top or on bottom, but not left/right, so when using tab images, it will look very strange, like tabs floating in "open space" instead of being attached to the window - not very nice).

Do not use skins with the side bar (yet). It's ugly with some skins, I know. The background element (the area which appears yellow in your screen shot) is not yet implemented. A new skin element will be required to allow customizing this area...

Aero background is just empty at the moment, that's why you are seeing the strange gradient (in 3rd screenshot) - it is normal Windows aero background. Gadgets background looks better, but it needs to be implemented with some custom drawing.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 05, 2010, 23:32:13
OK.
Is it possible to make parameter in the skin that will switch buttons graphics to tabs?
July 06, 2010, 01:02:42
OK.
Is it possible to make parameter in the skin that will switch buttons graphics to tabs?

No, because buttons are buttons, not tabs. Painting tab skins on the buttons will be ugly with any skin that defines asymmetric tab images for top/bottom alignment. I tried it and reverted it, because it looked wrong.

The only option would be to introduce additional switch bar layouts in container options->tabs and switch bar. Technically, there is no limit on the number of layouts and each one can have its own custom drawing
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 06, 2010, 08:10:15
No, because buttons are buttons, not tabs. Painting tab skins on the buttons will be ugly with any skin that defines asymmetric tab images for top/bottom alignment. I tried it and reverted it, because it looked wrong.

I have in view of in the skin file to make parametre for forcing use in sidebar a images of tabs, instead of buttons. Optionally, for some skins.