YesNoOk

How to turn off extended status? (Read 2582 times)

Started by chm, April 05, 2010, 22:03:47

Share this topic:
How to turn off extended status? |
April 05, 2010, 22:03:47
Extended status annoys me and I decided to turn it off. I turned off custom status support in Options->Icq->Features and in tabsrmm configuration Message Sessions->Tabs and layout->Tab options "show status text on tabs" and "prefer xstatus icon whan available" but I still see these messages in tabsrmm window (see attachment). Also such message appears when user changes his/her status (most annoying).

Miranda 0.8.15
tabSRMM 2.2.1.17

Other enabled plugins:
advaimg.dll - Miranda Image services
avs.dll - Avatar service (unicode)
clist_classic.dll - Classic contact list
historypp.dll - History++ (2in1)
icq.dll
jabber.dll
stopspam.dll - StopSpam+

I wonder if it is possible to remove these messages?

Re: How to turn off extended status? |
April 06, 2010, 00:41:31
TabSRMM reads them from the database, so there is no way to avoid it as long as they are present.

Extended status messages are written to the database by the protocol plugin, so you must find a way to disable it.

So there really isn't anything wrong here - works as it is designed.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
April 06, 2010, 17:32:56
The problem is solved and it wasn't related to tabsrmm.

Here is a solution:
1. Miranda main menu -> Options -> Network -> ICQ (I do not know about other protocols) -> Features tab. Disable "Enable Custom status support";
2. Download and install dbeditor++ addon;
3. Open Database editor in Miranda main menu and than in Contacts (Contacts -> Nickname -> ICQ) delete records XStatusId, XStatusName, XStatusMsg (be careful with the database - do not delete or edit anything else if you are not sure);
4. Repeat 3 for every contact with xstatus.

P.S. This "bug" still exists in 0.8.19.
April 06, 2010, 18:09:34
The problem is solved and it wasn't related to tabsrmm.
P.S. This "bug" still exists in 0.8.19.

The problem with orphaned XStatus information exists in all versions, but I believe, Miranda 0.9 should handle XStatus support better. If XStatus is disabled, all relevant database values should disappear, but they don't.

Maybe one of the "modded" ICQ plugins can handle it better, but I don't know since I'm using the default one.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork