YesNoOk

how does group chat determine an "outgoing" message? (Read 1933 times)

Started by omniwolf, October 01, 2010, 05:11:23

how does group chat determine an "outgoing" message? |
October 01, 2010, 05:11:23
Hi,

I noticed a while ago that when i sent a message in the group chat window my message would be in a different colour to all the other messages other people typed.  i can see this can be configured in the Group Chats section of "Fonts & Colors", in the Outgoing message section.
recently i've noticed it doesn't colour my outgoing message differently to everyone elses anymore.. is this a bug or has something changed in how tabsrmm determines it's an "outgoing" messaged?
at the bottom of the group chat tab it has my name correctly "omniwolf on Twitter_1, 23 minutes idle".

because it's not a standard IRC group chat window i don't think it works quite the same as IRC (i might be wrong here), but with the twitter group chat you actually send the outgoing message to the server, then the server will send back your message as well as all new messages from other people.. so the twitter plugin doesn't actually tell miranda to print the outgoing message.. twitter tells miranda mine (and others) messages.. hope this makes sense.
Re: how does group chat determine an "outgoing" message? |
October 01, 2010, 06:40:07
It's not a bug. It works for IRC and jabber group chats and the method of determining is pretty simple:

GCEVENT::bIsMe must be set to true if the message is outgoing. This is part of the group chat API and works in all chat windows and I don't think it has been changed in the last 5 years.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork