YesNoOk

For firefox users... (Read 4471 times)

Started by Nightwish, October 14, 2005, 21:23:32

Share this topic:
For firefox users...
New #1
Posted by Nightwish October 14, 2005, 21:23:32
Maybe it's already known by most ff users, but All In One sidebar is a really nice extension adding a lot of functionality to the sidebar (makeing it almost equally powerful to Operas sidebar.

Works on any ff up to 1.5beta2.
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:41:46 by Nightwish
Re: For firefox users... |
October 14, 2005, 23:14:42
Thanks, I had many other good ones but that had passed me by...
October 15, 2005, 08:12:15
another Firefox Extension I'M using is Download Statusbar:
http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org
It shows downloads in a small Statusbar in the browser window so you don't have to switch between browser- and downloadwindow
October 15, 2005, 13:25:41
You won't have to do that if you're using AiOS either :)
November 03, 2005, 09:33:33
Another one... just released.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=1419&vid=7511

This adds one entry to the context menu of any page "View this page in IE tab" or the context menu of any link ("Open in IE tab").

What it does is simple, but interesting - it opens the page in a new tab inside Firefox, but the page is shown by IE instead of Gecko.

Not that IE is that important, but for the few pages which won't properly work in FF, it might be useful. Also useful for developers who need to verify that their pages are properly displaying in both IE and ff.

Note: use with care :) This doesn't make IE more secure than it is as a standalone browser. Most of its security problems are deeply buried in the engine itself and most of them are exploitable when the engine is used in "embedded" mode (like this extension does).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 10:12:55 by Nightwish
August 12, 2006, 05:18:01
Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 02:45:54 by a7_