YesNoOk

Floating contacts in nicer+ (Read 6849 times)

Started by Nightwish, January 31, 2006, 14:36:54

Floating contacts in nicer+ |
January 31, 2006, 14:36:54
In one of the next version, clist_nicer+ will get floating contacts.

The following is planned:

• Different layouts for the floaters: simple - nick + icon only, advanced (like on the clist), avatars, 2nd line of text, extra icons).
  • Same width for all floaters OR individually resizeable (floaters will always remember their position). Height will auto-adjust to the contents, so each floater won't use more screen space than it actually needs.
  • Transparency, skinable (actually, they are using the same skins as the contact items on the clist).
  • Sync visibility with contact list - if a contact is not on the list (either because it is offline and offline contacts are hidden or because the current view mode filters it out), the floater will be hidden.
  • auto show/hide - will only show floaters when the clist is minimized and hide them otherwise.

The floaters are interactive, that is, you can drag them around to arrange position, right click them for getting the contact menu and double click them for performing the "default action" (usually, open the message window, but depends on the contact). They will also show you flashing icons on events - basically, each floater is an exact copy of the contact on the clist itself and will always be "in sync".
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: Floating contacts in nicer+ |
January 31, 2006, 18:16:24
First of all: Yeah!  Good idea :biggrin:

• Same width for all floaters OR individually resizeable (floaters will always remember their position). Height will auto-adjust to the contents, so each floater won't use more screen space than it actually needs.

The floaters are interactive, that is, you can drag them around to arrange position

Two questions/suggestions:
1)
What about automatic width-calculation of the floater, depending on the name (my MSN buddies change it often) - perhaps with a limit (first x chars)

2)
Grouping the floaters, i. e. you move two or more floaters near together and they get "docked" to a group.
With this there would be another possibility which would go together with the auto-size-functions: If the width or height of a contact changes, the other group-floaters will be rearranged (moved left/right or top/bottom).
As I have placed my floaters in the top right corner, it would be great, if there would be an option to "size group to the left" (so the right position is fix), like the clist can "size upwards".

But first I'll wait for the initial implementation and see how it works at all :)
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
January 31, 2006, 18:22:41
For some reason it is hard for me to imaginate this... I'll wait for a screen shot. :)
January 31, 2006, 18:34:28
__
Rettet dem Genitiv sein Bestehen.
March 22, 2006, 08:36:55
hi
floating contacts works in 0.6.0.6 from #49 build ?
i try drag and drop , searched in contact menu for it a try use abracadabra - i just dont know how make contact float :)
March 22, 2006, 10:58:34
hi
floating contacts works in 0.6.0.6 from #49 build ?
i try drag and drop , searched in contact menu for it a try use abracadabra - i just dont know how make contact float :)

They are not not yet working (actually, the code is there and they could be used, but they are disabled to avoid bug reports for a basically unfinished feature).

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
January 05, 2007, 13:44:00
They are not not yet working (actually, the code is there and they could be used, but they are disabled to avoid bug reports for a basically unfinished feature).
Is this statement still true...? Is the Floating Contacts feature still not working...?
January 05, 2007, 13:59:42
Is this statement still true...? Is the Floating Contacts feature still not working...?

They are working, but not fully complete. It is probably the only missing feature which I will complete in nicer+ when I get some time for it.

You can enable them by adding a BYTE value flt_enabled (value set to 1) to the CList module (a restart of Miranda is needed). Then you get a new menu entry in the contact menu which allows you to set a contact as floating.

But this is really "work in progress". Most of the options don't work yet.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 25, 2007, 09:28:41
I love Floating Contacts ability (using it since ICQ 2002).
So since I'm using Miranda (for 2 years now) I am waiting for someone to implement this feature properly.
When can we expect to see this feature?

Greetz
Babylon6
July 25, 2007, 14:41:19
I love Floating Contacts ability (using it since ICQ 2002).
So since I'm using Miranda (for 2 years now) I am waiting for someone to implement this feature properly.
When can we expect to see this feature?

As always. When it is ready. And no, there is no timeframe, sorry.
__
My SMF-based forum fork