YesNoOk

Fingerprint not working with Clist-Nicer+ (Read 2927 times)

Started by Tigerix, February 17, 2007, 18:39:08

Fingerprint not working with Clist-Nicer+ |
February 17, 2007, 18:39:08
Hi,

I can't get fingerprint working with Clist-Nicer+
If I activate Client Extra Icon in the display profile menu, then I only get Client Icons for Skype Clients, but not for ICQ, or any other Protocols. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for help in advance!
Re: Fingerprint not working with Clist-Nicer+ |
February 17, 2007, 19:14:18
Well, if it works for one protocol, it cannot be a clist issue. The contact list does not make any difference between skype, icq, msn or any other protocol regarding client icon display.

It also does not identify clients - it simply shows the icons fingerprint is sending to it, nothing more.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 17, 2007, 19:51:33
I have to correct what I have said before.
It also works for other protocols, but in total there are only a very few clients for which it is working.
It looks to me like maybe the client icon slot is blocked or interfering with other icons... but I dont know the technical background so this might be a wrong assumption.
February 18, 2007, 18:10:21
Hi Nightwish,

I have finally found the bug! Yay :)
The problem is in the CList-Nicer+ "View Mode" drawing code!

Following an example:
(Tested in a clean #14 installation + fingerprint plugin)

1. Lets say I am using a View Mode called: "friends" (And I have activated "Apply last active view mode")
2. Now I exit Miranda.
3. Afterwards I load Miranda again.
    Now I will see all the client icons in the view mode "friends".
    If I now change the view mode to any other one. e.g. "others" then I dont see any client icons for that view mode.
4. If I now exit Miranda again with the view mode "others" and load Miranda again, then I see the client icons for "others" but not for the view mode "friends".

So finally: The client icon seems to get only build/created once Miranda is started for the "last active view mode" when Miranda is started! So people who are not using the "View Mode" feature, will never see/experience that bug.

Do you think it would be difficult to fix the bug?

And one other wish: Do you think you could save the "last active view mode" every time a view mode gets set, instead of saving it when Miranda is exiting. Because I am using the Skype plugin which unfortunately never lets my Miranda shutdown properly. So my "last active view mode" gets never saved. I always have to edit the database to get my value in there.

Thanks for your time.
Cheers,
Tigerix.

Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 18:15:38 by Tigerix
February 18, 2007, 21:28:56
Thanks for the detailed info.

There was indeed a problem with extra icons (not only clients) when switching view modes.

Both issues should be fixed and available in the next nightly.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 18, 2007, 21:31:57
Excellent!
Thanks very much Nightwish :)