YesNoOk

Ctrl + R Problems (Read 1382 times)

Started by DarkDestiny, June 25, 2009, 09:36:55

Ctrl + R Problems |
June 25, 2009, 09:36:55
Hello,

When I hit ctrl+r, sometimes it would do what it's supposed to do and jump to the window with the most recent unread events and other times it would not. In either case, the window I'm in when I press ctrl+r ends up looking like the screenshot. The cursor, when hovered over the typing area, is also reversed from what it would normally look like anywhere else, but that didn't show in the screenshot. How can I get Ctrl+R to work like it's supposed to without that side effect? If not, is it possible to easily change the hotkey? This only happens with Ctrl + R specifically too, when shift is added, everything is fine.

Re: Ctrl + R Problems |
June 25, 2009, 14:48:41
Yes, that's known issue.

The richedit control reserves two hotkeys (Ctrl-R and Ctrl-L) for switching writing direction from left-to-right and right-to-left).

In older versions, these hotkeys were only available when any right-to-left language was present, but apparently, that has changed. In Vista and Win 7, it is active by default and I believe that is also the case in Windows XP with any more recent version of the rich edit control installed.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: Ctrl + R Problems |
June 25, 2009, 17:31:51
Oh I see =] Thanks for the info! And sorry if I didn't catch it in the known issue. I hate making people do work for my errors. I don't believe it was in the first (I assume the most updated post) post.