YesNoOk

"Contact list settings" contact menu - Bug? (Read 2971 times)

Started by Tigerix, February 22, 2007, 13:20:45

"Contact list settings" contact menu - Bug? |
February 22, 2007, 13:20:45
Hi Nightwish,

I am using TabSRMM and QuickSearch plugin and with both I am not able to use the contact context menu function: "Contact list settings". I guess the reason for this is, that it is a local service which can be only called by clist-nicer+. Do you think you could change it so I can open this context menu from "anywhere" where I can access/see the contact context menu? That would be perfect!

Thanks for your always so quickly reacting support!
Tigerix.
Re: "Contact list settings" contact menu - Bug? |
February 22, 2007, 16:09:59
The "Contact list settings" works fine, no matter how you open it.

It is a simple contact menu entry and doesn't differ in any way from others.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 22, 2007, 20:43:48
I have found the reason, why it is sometimes working, and why sometimes not. Yay :)
You are right, it also works with QuickContacts and QuickSearch plugin - but not always ;)

The problem seems to be in the view mode drawing code :)
"Contact List Settings" menu entry only works if the contact is currently displayed in the CList.
So if I for example hide offline contacts on the list, but try to access these "hidden" contacts via QuickContacts or  QuickSearch plugin, then it doesnt work.

Do you think it is difficult to fix?
February 22, 2007, 21:27:51
Do you think it is difficult to fix?

It can only work for visible contacts, yes. Because it needs information from the contact list display and when the contact is not visible, this information is not available. No way to fix, sorry.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
February 23, 2007, 15:13:24
Thats such a pity :(
I really like the menu and I think it is much better than using menu-item-X with multiple "AlwaysVisible/NeverVisible/..." menu entries, which clutters the menu.
Is there any chance of getting it modified so it works? Please, please :)
February 23, 2007, 16:04:28
Thats such a pity :(
I really like the menu and I think it is much better than using menu-item-X with multiple "AlwaysVisible/NeverVisible/..." menu entries, which clutters the menu.
Is there any chance of getting it modified so it works? Please, please :)

Well, it does work. The contact must be visible on the clist - so there is NO difference to using other context menu entries.

And no, I don't think it can be fixed. The internal data structures are not available when a contact is hidden from the clist. The only thing I may add is a warning message informing the user that the settings cannot be changed in this case.
__
My SMF-based forum fork