YesNoOk

Clist Nicer modified a bit (Read 154835 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 07, 2005, 00:07:13
Share this topic:
Re: Clist Nicer modified a bit |
July 13, 2005, 17:34:53
Small visual glitch.
In Options -> Contact list -> List background some combo boxes are a bit too big (too wide).
"Stretch to height", "Tile vertically" and "Stretch proportionally"

That must be inherited from the old clist code - I didn't change anything there, but thanks anyway.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 17:35:56
the new 0.4.0.3 Version steals the focus while i`m typing messages in tabsrmm.

it happens everytime a new contact comes online and i`m typing - the focus goes to the contact window and i can no longer input.

It's related to autosizing. There are some other small problems with autosizing, so I suggest that you *temporarily* disable contact list autosizing until these issues are resolved.

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 17:57:48
mmm, by the way, the "move events to top" option don't work when the tabsrmm tray icon is on.
any way to change it? I can't disable the tabsrmm tray icon, i'm addicted to it, but it would be nice to see the messages at the contact list too, and not just in the tray.
:)
July 13, 2005, 17:59:47
the new 0.4.0.3 Version steals the focus while i`m typing messages in tabsrmm.

it happens everytime a new contact comes online and i`m typing - the focus goes to the contact window and i can no longer input.

It's related to autosizing. There are some other small problems with autosizing, so I suggest that you *temporarily* disable contact list autosizing until these issues are resolved.

thanks then, nightwish, i`ll just revert to the original clist-nicer then until it is fixed (any chance of next version fix?).
July 13, 2005, 18:21:46
mmm, by the way, the "move events to top" option don't work when the tabsrmm tray icon is on.
any way to change it? I can't disable the tabsrmm tray icon, i'm addicted to it, but it would be nice to see the messages at the contact list too, and not just in the tray.

Well, the problem is that the tabsrmm tray icon, when enabled, "captures" message events so the clist will never see them.

It would be easy to change but then you would get 2 flashing tray icons (which may be annyoing). Another way would be to disable tabsrmms tray icon flashing completely and use it only for the menus (session list for example).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 18:26:13
thanks then, nightwish, i`ll just revert to the original clist-nicer then until it is fixed (any chance of next version fix?).

It already is fixed (hopefully) and will be in the next version. Shouldn't be too long..
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 18:32:35

Well, the problem is that the tabsrmm tray icon, when enabled, "captures" message events so the clist will never see them.

It would be easy to change but then you would get 2 flashing tray icons (which may be annyoing). Another way would be to disable tabsrmms tray icon flashing completely and use it only for the menus (session list for example).

hmmmm ok, got it :)
but I didn't find a way to disable the tabsrmms tray icon flashing, its not possible yet?
July 13, 2005, 18:49:33
hmmmm ok, got it :)
but I didn't find a way to disable the tabsrmms tray icon flashing, its not possible yet?

Nope, not yet.

I don't want to make the features from clist_nicer depend on some features in tabSRMM or vice versa. Yes, some of them are redundant, but the good thing is that they work independently. So, if someone wants to use my clist_nicer with another message window plugin, the event list would still work. And people who want to use tabsrmm with another contact list get the same.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 21:42:52
July 14, 2005, 03:16:11
anyway to remove the buttons??? (topbar, menu, and status)
July 14, 2005, 06:51:39
Read the changelog file next time please.

Right click the toolbar and select which buttons to show.
If you want to hide the toolbar completely right click on miranda (not on a contact) and deselect Appearance -> Show tool bar.
You can also hide the menu and status buttons from there, "show additional options".
July 14, 2005, 10:19:11
does someone how do I turn on that the clist_nicer+ displays the icon for icq-prg the contact is using ?
will it be possible to customize the tray-menu or is there any chance to put the About-Menu-Item in it ?
will it be possible to show show the contact-list/options by pressing shortcuts like in clist_mw?

is this a known bug ?

thx for this nice clist Nightwish!
July 14, 2005, 12:48:22
does someone how do I turn on that the clist_nicer+ displays the icon for icq-prg the contact is using ?
Right click on contact list (but not on a contact) select Appearance -> show client icons.
July 14, 2005, 15:43:34

Read the docs (readme, changelog)
will it be possible to customize the tray-menu or is there any chance to put the About-Menu-Item in it ?

No, menu customization is not planned.

will it be possible to show show the contact-list/options by pressing shortcuts like in clist_mw?

No.

is this a known bug ?

yes.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 14, 2005, 18:00:37
No, menu customization is not planned.

Sad... but why? Because clist_mw already has this feature? You just don't want to waste your time on it?

I really hope you'll implement it.. maybe not in the near future )
July 14, 2005, 18:13:49
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 15, 2005, 22:57:50
I have a problam with the buttons @ toolbar , sometimes they disappear
Here is have it should be :

And here when the are disappear :

i saw someone with the same problam but u didnt answer him , can you fix it?

p.s -  i use tweakui (maybe because of this?)
July 15, 2005, 23:08:09
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 16, 2005, 07:13:55
I have the some prob as ThemaN but this time
the protokol-buttons become invisible - you can
still click them and change the status of the protokol
but to make them visivile again you have to resize...
very anoying (ps im not using tweakui)
HTH to find the bug :-)
July 16, 2005, 10:32:57
Ok, here is my first bug-report for clist_nicer_plus  :o

My list is auto-resized to the top and the "event area" is enabled and autohide.

If there is an event, the username is shown, but the icon is hidden. I tested it a few times and it seems that the icon is moved one row above the event area. In the screenshot this would be behind the + of group "TB! User".
July 16, 2005, 16:08:24
July 18, 2005, 05:17:26
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 18, 2005, 10:07:58
Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:18:03 by Rivilis
July 18, 2005, 10:12:42
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 18, 2005, 10:27:18
Additional buttons and Event area are not redrawing sometimes.  :(

You need to be more specific. "Sometimes" is a pretty useless definition.

I use Automatically resize window to height of list
To reproduse this:
1) Hide Miranda window.
2) Status->ICQ -> Offline
3) Show Miranda window

If number of items in Clist was changed while Miranda windows was hided,
this buttons and event area are not shown correctly. :-(

Without "Automatically resize" I've not found any errors in visibility of buttons!

Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 10:35:25 by Rivilis