YesNoOk

Clist Nicer modified a bit (Read 156003 times)

Started by Nightwish, July 07, 2005, 00:07:13
Share this topic:
Re: Clist Nicer modified a bit |
July 09, 2005, 18:31:46
i'm using 52X52 pixel icons in the message log, Icolib shrinks them to 16X16 or something like that. and I like them big :)
New #27
July 09, 2005, 18:35:07
i have a problem with the icons, i don't see the icons in Nicer+ when i open and hide the Miranda IM:

it's my miranda, and it's the orginal:

What the problem?
thanks for all :)
Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 01:33:21 by Admin
July 09, 2005, 18:43:02
i have a problem with the icons, i don't see the icons in Nicer+ when i open and hide the Miranda IM:
If you would have only looked just a few posts back, you'd see that this issue has already been discussed. I am sure Nightwish is already aware of it.
__
Repeat after me: I will use Google before asking stupid questions.
Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 18:44:57 by elishnevsky
July 10, 2005, 13:24:14
is ability to configure the toolbar on the contact-list to much to ask for or should I ask for it?  :)
because, you see, i have a pretty thin contact-list which means that the toolbar-buttons aligned on the left interfer with the toolbar-buttons aligned on the right which means that when I hover over the two buttons on the far right side it switches between two different icons. perhaps the simplest solution is to align all the buttons to the left but hey, who am I to tell you what to do ;)

oh and also, are any of these stuff going to be configurable in the options instead of the right-click-on-clist way? cause I kind of liked having that dropdown list clean and nice  :smile:

besides this, great job!
__
People will think what I tell them to think when you tell me what to tell them to think.,,
July 10, 2005, 14:11:16
is ability to configure the toolbar on the contact-list to much to ask for or should I ask for it?  :)
Maybe it will be possible to enable/disable single buttons.

oh and also, are any of these stuff going to be configurable in the options instead of the right-click-on-clist way? cause I kind of liked having that dropdown list clean and nice  :smile:

No, options will stay on the menu. It's much easier to use. I fact, I would hate it to open the options dialog for every single small change.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 10, 2005, 14:27:44
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
July 10, 2005, 15:11:43
Good news :)
Thanks Nightwish ;)
July 10, 2005, 15:23:12
July 10, 2005, 15:25:51
Maybe it will be possible to enable/disable single buttons.
:smile: that would definately do!

No, options will stay on the menu. It's much easier to use. I fact, I would hate it to open the options dialog for every single small change.
then perhaps an sub-menu in that dropdown-list named Contact-List Options or something similar? :confused: it's nothing crucial really but...  :)

on a sidenote... when having the 'Additional Buttons' and the 'Automatically resize window to height of list' enabled and go from docked to undocked and the bottom of the screen forces the window to be smaller then it wants to be the additional buttons disappear... and also when you make changes that affect the size of the window (like change TweakUI settings, add menubar, add titlebar) there are loads of graphical issues, with misplaced 'additional buttons' and similar stuff.
(i know these bugs are not very serious since this changes aren't made on a regular basis but anyway, I thought I'd let you know...) :)

oh, and I think the additional buttons should be flat ;)
__
People will think what I tell them to think when you tell me what to tell them to think.,,
July 11, 2005, 09:13:09
In the course of replying to this thread I found that while most of the colours worked fine, the textcolour setting for the Expanded/Collapsed/Empty group  would be ignored in favour of a global colour for groups in Fontservice.  Can someone else see if this happens for them as well?

No problems otherwise, although I would suggest that the List BG+ dialogue be greyed out completely for the separators.
July 11, 2005, 17:26:03
Nightwish

I am sorry, I don't want to rush you in any way, but just a general question: when are you planning to release the fixed CList Nicer+?
I just liked it sooooo much and want to use it, but because of its visual problems I had to go back to the classic contact list :)
Looking forward to it ;)
__
Repeat after me: I will use Google before asking stupid questions.
July 12, 2005, 03:04:10
In the course of replying to this thread I found that while most of the colours worked fine, the textcolour setting for the Expanded/Collapsed/Empty group  would be ignored in favour of a global colour for groups in Fontservice.  Can someone else see if this happens for them as well?

It's an old bug which was never fixed in clist_nicer.

Next version will properly use the group colours and allow sorting by nick name (which was also broken a bit).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 01:29:41
2. The top 2 elements in the Ignore list sometimes display funny characters (squares, foreign characters) instead of ** All contacts ** and ** Unknown contacts **.

Same thing. And those symbols are changing when i scroll the list. Wierd.

I found another bug. When "Automatically resize window" is enabled and i turn off/on Additional Buttons or Event Area the buttons slide up to the area, leaving the bottom of the window blank. Uh! That's hard for me to explain. See 'Clipboard01'

Status changes affect the button not always. It's quite tricky to figure out what it depends on. Well, i think the button just displays the previous status if it wasn't Offline. See 'Clipboard02'
Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 02:38:33 by Lemon
July 13, 2005, 04:05:17
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 08:22:32
Nightwish, you believes that you repair the icons problem in the next version ?

thanks,
EngineVex :)
Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 18:04:06 by EngineVex
July 13, 2005, 08:36:36
I noticed some icon confusion in the latest clist_nicer+ build.

The client icon that's presented just doesnt fits the real contact client.
AFAIK this is a random problem, it happens everytime to another contact, everytime different client :)
July 13, 2005, 09:05:03

AFAIK this is a random problem, it happens everytime to another contact, everytime different client :)

In theory, it can happen when someone changes his client while you are online. The client info is currently only read when the contact list initializes. This will be corrected soon :)

For example: You go online, contact X is online with Miranda, then he/she goes offline, switches to Gaim and reconnects. It will still show MiM icon (which is wrong).

It just needs to capture the db event when client info changes. It's easy to do, but simply not implemented (yet).
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 13, 2005, 09:28:14
It's an old bug which was never fixed in clist_nicer.

Next version will properly use the group colours and allow sorting by nick name (which was also broken a bit).
Yep, both all good now.

With the new version, however, the status bar stops showing sporadically, even though you have status bar enabled.  It's happened three times this morning to me, since upgrading; Haven't worked out what the cause is yet, but I'll "show" the clist and it won't be there any more (if you make any changes, e.g. enable/disable show toolbar, it comes back when the change is applied).
July 13, 2005, 09:30:02
Every now and then, my Miranda status bar (i.e., the part at the bottom that says MSN | IRC | ICQ etc) will disappear. Mostly occurs when Miranda is minimised and restored...
July 13, 2005, 11:26:14
I just noticed, actually, that it doesn't disappear, per se, but instead is "behind" the the bottom item of the clist - you can click on it and get status menus and things.  The last item on my clist is usually a (closed) group rather than a contact, so this may be a factor, but I also wonder whether it's related to the automatically resize clist option - perhaps when a new contact is added, the clist expands, but the status bar isn't repositioned accordingly?  Just a suggestion.

I'll post a screenshot next time it happens.
July 13, 2005, 15:03:09
the new 0.4.0.3 Version steals the focus while i`m typing messages in tabsrmm.

it happens everytime a new contact comes online and i`m typing - the focus goes to the contact window and i can no longer input.
it also seems to rotate contacts more often - not really sure how to explain this one - and i noticed it only because of the focus stealing. i loaded up the old clist nicer and looked @ my contact list for about 5 minutes - and nothing happened - then i switched back to clist nicer+ (0.4.0.3) and contacts in 2 specific groups started going online and offline - it could be related to some conflict with the contactsmerge plugin - as i`ve noticed it only happens in groups which have merged contacts in them (though it`s not limited to those contacts - not sure they were all going online/offline so fast).

thanks for keeping up this great clist alive.
July 13, 2005, 15:13:07
it also seems to rotate contacts more often

And it should do that. You can configure this feature on the contacts page in the options dialog (move events to top flag).
July 13, 2005, 15:19:52
sorry - i don`t see the connection (or perhaps my explanation of what was happening was bad). when i said rotating i meant
contacts in 2 specific groups started going online and offline
- as i wrote.
the "move events on top" flag is not marked and if i understand correctly, it shouldn`t matter ot change the rate of users going online/offline.
July 13, 2005, 16:26:45

In theory, it can happen when someone changes his client while you are online. The client info is currently only read when the contact list initializes. This will be corrected soon :)

For example: You go online, contact X is online with Miranda, then he/she goes offline, switches to Gaim and reconnects. It will still show MiM icon (which is wrong).

It just needs to capture the db event when client info changes. It's easy to do, but simply not implemented (yet).

hmmm, actually the contact in the screenshot never even heard about Miranda-IM, and never used it.  :)

anyway, I also noticed that the icon realy dont get refreshed even if the contacts change client, but the contact in the screenshot is just weird, never used miranda.
July 13, 2005, 17:22:56
Small visual glitch.
In Options -> Contact list -> List background some combo boxes are a bit too big (too wide).
"Stretch to height", "Tile vertically" and "Stretch proportionally"

EDIT:
I want to change the icons on the toolbar to be smaller than you've allowed them to become ;D
I've searched for a value in the database but i couldn't find one. Can you point me in the right direction ? :)

EDIT2:
Nevermind; i found it :)
Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 17:42:36 by eblis