YesNoOk

Bug of redrawing the window of container. (Read 2288 times)

Started by NightFox, August 28, 2010, 14:03:16

Bug of redrawing the window of container. |
August 28, 2010, 14:03:16
In bottom of window (status panel) a white stripe appears sometimes.
See attach...
The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator.
-_-

Link
Re: Bug of redrawing the window of container. |
August 28, 2010, 14:52:26
In addition, the message icon for incoming message is drawn as 16x16 and must 32x32. It is visible at switching of tasks.
Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 14:55:03 by NightFox
August 28, 2010, 15:40:38
Also, it occurs at opening of options infopanel. Like this.
August 28, 2010, 18:07:50
Skin issue.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
August 28, 2010, 18:41:27
August 28, 2010, 19:16:22
Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 19:18:08 by NightFox
August 28, 2010, 19:27:14
The issue is that old skins are not 100% compatible - this was well known and I always said it that there will be minor issues.

Sorry, but I do no longer care much about skins in general. It's too much hassle for little (or no) benefit at all. I focus on standard UI rendering and custom skins _might_ even be removed in a future version (or just declared totally unsupported).

Using "per plugin" skinning is a pretty bad idea and I regret that I ever implemented a skinning engine in TabSRMM - one of the worst decisions I made. The operating system should "skin" the UI.

So, guess you have to live with it or simply do not use any skin and use the new color themes.

__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
August 28, 2010, 19:46:03
custom skins _might_ even be removed in a future version (or just declared totally unsupported).
NOOO! Until then while are no general solutions(Skin engine in the core of Miranda, or as a service plugin), don't remove this feature.
August 28, 2010, 20:34:02
custom skins _might_ even be removed in a future version (or just declared totally unsupported).
NOOO! Until then while are no general solutions(Skin engine in the core of Miranda, or as a service plugin), don't remove this feature.
1) There won't ever be a skin engine in Miranda that can skin everything. This is way too complex and building a service-based plugin to skin things like the contact list or message window would result in horrible performance.

2) Skinning is a thing of the past. On Windows 7, few people are using skinning, because the default UI usually looks better. Just look how many visual styles were available for XP and how few there are for Vista or 7.

Just look at other applications - Firefox for example, where the focus is on default UI and lightweight themes (personas) and how few "real" skins are available and updated for recent versions (as for personas, there are a few HUNDRED thousands of it - guess why? because they are easy to use and do not create painting issues).

Per application skins are a pure annoyance, nothing more. "Per plugin" skinning, like in Miranda, is nothing but a horrible solution. It doesn't result in ANY usability benefits and creates way to many issues. It is only logical to kill such a nightmare.
__
My SMF-based forum fork
August 28, 2010, 21:08:27
1) can be
2) How old WinXP and how many years Win7? For WinXP skins too not at once have appeared. But, "bells and whistles" in Win7 truth is better.

As to FireFox, in Personas a lot of frank shit. Quantity does not mean quality.
Also, in FireFox you can still make full themes, they have not been repealed.
Moreover, they have a strong demand.
August 29, 2010, 08:37:08
Thank.