YesNoOk

Avatar bug with ICQ/Jabber? (Read 2078 times)

Started by Targaff, October 10, 2006, 14:44:05

October 10, 2006, 14:44:05
Has a bug cropped up recently with ICQ/Jabber avatars being displayed on the contact list in nicer+?  I don't seem to have a problem with the other protocols, but while the avatars seem to be downloading correctly through loadavatars - they are visible in both tooltips and the user details under Avatar - on the contact list only the proto picture that has been set is shown.  See the highlighted contact in the image below for an example.

Or is this a protocol issue?

[Edit: now I think on it, they don't appear in TabSRMM either.  Versions are: clist_nicer.dll v.0.7.0.5 (05 Oct 2006) and tabsrmm.dll v.1.1.0.9 (23 Sep 2006) (I haven't updated tabsrmm yet because there were originally some problems with the #12 version).]
Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 15:20:15 by Targaff
Re: Avatar bug with ICQ/Jabber? |
October 10, 2006, 15:58:25
Well, nothing has changed (at least not by me), neither in avs nor clist_nicer.

The only thing is that .gif and .jpg avatars won't be loaded without GDI+ any longer. The old code was dropped a while ago.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: Avatar bug with ICQ/Jabber? |
October 10, 2006, 18:05:48
That must be it, it seems to works fine on 2 computers here at home.  Given I was at work I must've just forgotten to install GDI+ there while updating.