YesNoOk

A suggestion how to improve TabSRMM (Read 3423 times)

Started by Serioga, March 28, 2005, 17:51:33

A suggestion how to improve TabSRMM |
March 28, 2005, 17:51:33
Well, I think this message is for Nightwish :)
I'm using your plugin from the first 0.0.0.1 version :)) and for me was really nice when Tabs in TabSRMM options appeard. For now, I think plugin has a lot of valueable functions, but I think it's time to reorder TabSRMM option menu (I mean Miranda options->Message Window). As for me it's too overloaded for ordinary users. Of course for me it's not a problem, but great plugin with tricky Options it's not good :). So, are you going to do smth like this before the FIRST version?

Ahhh, 1 version, it's so intriguing :D

Keep on making the best (IMHO) Miranda plugin!!
Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 17:54:18 by Serioga
Re: A suggestion how to improve TabSRMM |
March 28, 2005, 17:52:53
Well, I think it's primary message for Nightwish :)
I'm using your plugin from the first 0.0.0.1 version :)) and for me was really nice when Tabs in TabSRMM options appeard. For now, I think plugin has a lot of valueable functions, but I think it's time to reorder TabSRMM option menu (I mean Miranda options->Messaging). As for me it's too overloaded for ordinary users. Of course for me it's not a problem, but great plugin with tricky Options it's not good :). So, are you going to do smth like this before the FIRST version?

No, not before the first version. The options may be redone at a later time. But I don#t see any way to improve that significantly without removing many options (something, about people would complain for sure).
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
March 28, 2005, 17:56:37
Well, for now we have 4 tabs, I think addind 1 or 2 will reduce complexity. So, any ideas?
March 28, 2005, 17:59:48
Well, for now we have 4 tabs, I think addind 1 or 2 will reduce complexity. So, any ideas?

Hm.. I would rather prefer a tree-like structure for setting options. Maybe similar to the way chat.dll does its options. A hierarchical tree structure is always a good way to group options into logical units. Many modern apps which offer a huge amount of settings do it this way.

I would have done it this way from the beginning - the problem is that it was never planned to implement such a big amount of options and features :)
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
March 28, 2005, 18:06:11

I would have done it this way from the beginning - the problem is that it was never planned to implement such a big amount of options and features :)

I know, comparing both version 0.0.0.1 and 0.9.9.91 they're 2 absolutely different plugins, but you're moving right way, thnx for your answers! :)
June 30, 2009, 15:01:38
  • boycott M$ Vista now!
  • Just one crazy geek :)
I have two main problems (and one slightly less important one) with tabSRMM plugin. The major one is, that double-click on the message area cause the title bar to disappear. And I must go to Container options / Title bar / and uncheck the "Hide title bar" thing.

Is there ANY way to stop that? I would greatly appreciate it.

The second problem is, that after every nick, before the text it writen, there is a two spaces, comma, space, colon and another space. "mech13  , : sory this..."
How to change it to just ONE space to preserve space for the text I would love to know.

And the third option I missiong (or cannot find yet?) is a option that prevent the tabs docking bellow to another line, when there is a plenty of contacts open. I would rather get a very small tabs, but not this. How can I achieve that?
__
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :) my config
June 30, 2009, 21:41:31
I have two main problems (and one slightly less important one) with tabSRMM plugin. The major one is, that double-click on the message area cause the title bar to disappear. And I must go to Container options / Title bar / and uncheck the "Hide title bar" thing.

Is there ANY way to stop that? I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes, don't click there, as there is no reason to double click that small area under normal circumstances.

The second problem is, that after every nick, before the text it writen, there is a two spaces, comma, space, colon and another space. "mech13  , : sory this..."
How to change it to just ONE space to preserve space for the text I would love to know.

You can have any format you want. The output is controlled by templates, you'll find documentation for this in the wiki.

And the third option I missiong (or cannot find yet?) is a option that prevent the tabs docking bellow to another line, when there is a plenty of contacts open. I would rather get a very small tabs, but not this. How can I achieve that?

Yes, customize->Message Window->Tab appearance. There you can select "single row tab control".
__
My SMF-based forum fork
July 02, 2009, 10:15:36
  • boycott M$ Vista now!
  • Just one crazy geek :)
Thanks! Your second and third suggestion worked like a charm, thank you!

Only the Hide title bar thing probably cannot be disabled, sadly...

Each time I accidentially double-click into the free space in the tab-row, the title bar disappear. Now double clicking again bring it back, so, not that big problem... but I still would love to disable this "feature" in some way... I just dont know how and probably it is not even implemented, sadly. At least the other things works rather well, thank you!

There is mabe no rason to double-click there, but it happens in daily basic, when you are in hurry...  :eek: Option to disable it, pls?  ???
__
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
...just keep folding, just keep folding... :) my config
July 02, 2009, 16:21:39
There is mabe no rason to double-click there, but it happens in daily basic, when you are in hurry...  :eek: Option to disable it, pls?  ???

Could be done as an "advanced tweak" maybe (there is a special page for these things in the options...).
__
My SMF-based forum fork