YesNoOk

0.9.9.98 release notes (Read 7779 times)

Started by Nightwish, November 07, 2005, 22:06:57

Share this topic:
0.9.9.98 release notes |
November 07, 2005, 22:06:57
I uploaded a new build to the miranda file listing (see the download thread for urls or just head over to the FL and get it from there).

First, the archive is now splitted. There are separate downloads for unicode and non unicode builds to prevent bandwith waste. Also, updater support is present (but not yet for the FL URL; because that URL wasn't known before the upload of the new file).

The build is the first build created with Visual Studio 2005. Because of the new runtime, it has to be linked statically (VS 05 uses a new mscvr80.dll which is probably unavailable for most people). Other problems, resulting from the changed build environment are possible.

The unicode build also requires a recent database plugin (0.5.1.x minimum), but will run on non-unicode cores (provided, you have a recent enough dbx_3x.dll).

It requires the avatar service plugin, because the internal avatar loading code has been removed from tabSRMM. Since most people are using clist_modern or clist_nicer+ anyway, they should already have loadavatars.dll installed - if not, it is included in the archive.

A non-unicode build will follow later.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
Re: 0.9.9.98 release notes |
November 08, 2005, 00:30:04
A new version!
About your sticky that you don't want people posting in, you should be able to `lock` the thread.

Ok, so avatar service = loadavatar.dll  was a bit confused by what you said, thought there were 2 plugins for avatars needed.

Noticed in the changelog that the last change for this version is indented one too many (unless it is a subset of the previous change).
Keep up the great work!

EDIT:
Since I installed this version, I sometimes get two popups for the first message I recieve from a contact. The first message popup disappears after a couple of seconds and the second popup stays there like it should.

Did settings get changed?
Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 01:06:17 by andrewabc
November 08, 2005, 07:41:58
A new version!
About your sticky that you don't want people posting in, you should be able to `lock` the thread.

Ok, so avatar service = loadavatar.dll  was a bit confused by what you said, thought there were 2 plugins for avatars needed.

Noticed in the changelog that the last change for this version is indented one too many (unless it is a subset of the previous change).
Keep up the great work!

EDIT:
Since I installed this version, I sometimes get two popups for the first message I recieve from a contact. The first message popup disappears after a couple of seconds and the second popup stays there like it should.

Did settings get changed?
RTFM.
You should disable NewEventNotify. TabSRMM has its own event notification.
November 08, 2005, 11:24:06
Where I can get dbx_3x.dll 0.5.1.0 ? I have latest 0.5.0.1...
November 08, 2005, 12:31:23
November 08, 2005, 12:34:40
November 08, 2005, 13:54:19
RTFM.
You should disable NewEventNotify. TabSRMM has its own event notification.
Well the problem is that everything was working fine, then I installed the new version and I got the popup.
Somehow neweventnotify got turned back on as it wasn't turned on before the update.
I've now disabled the neweventnotify plugin.
November 08, 2005, 14:53:54
What's the DB setting to turn off GDI+ text rendering?

Edit: Nevermind, sorry :) Thought this was the new clist_nicer+ version.
Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 15:21:44 by Branstrom
November 08, 2005, 15:23:01
What's the DB setting to turn off GDI+ text rendering?

Edit: Nevermind, sorry :) Thought this was the new clist_nicer+ version.

No, it isn't :)

But to answer the question (for the next clist_nicer+) - you will explicitely have to turn it ON, not off. It is off by default.
__
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program can be reduced to a single instruction that doesn't work.
My SMF-based forum fork
November 08, 2005, 15:26:59
Yeah, good. I actually assumed that but when I turned on GDI+ thinking I had the new clist build and the text was still fuzzy, I thought it was on by default and went hunting for the DB setting for about five minutes until I remembered what .dll I had actually extracted earlier on. :P

Btw, it would probably be good if you provided a link in the download thread to this discussion thread.
Last Edit: November 08, 2005, 15:28:47 by Branstrom